Thread: bloat bristlenose HELP and egg bound

State
    queensland
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

bloat bristlenose HELP and egg bound

ok guys really need your help on this one i have lost a few adult albino longfin bristlenose over the last few months really doing my head in as to wat im doing wrong

currently i have two young males that have over night come down with bloat there diet is mainly of zuc and blanched de shelled peas with the occasional algae wafers (not the cheap **** ones)
    i just cant understand as to why they have it

water conditions are ph 7, nitrate and ammonia are both 0 temp around 23-26c. regualr water changes

also have a female who is egg bound lost another to egg bound tonight i pushed on the dead ones belly and out came a heap of eggs the belly is not dark like the males
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Titanium Member
    State
    NSW
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    first of stop feeding them , they wont be harmed by not feeding for a few days don't feed any thing in that tank

how long do you leave old food in the tank for ? your diet sounds good so maby rotting food ? ive lernt this can set it off bacteria buildup as for what to treat with I haven had to treat it for years cant recall im sure someone els will have the answer ,I think I useto soak food in a solution , mind you I was tought to do this with allot of fish/problems ,,
    Trevor4551 likes this.
    http://mowerwreckersnsw.com.au/ coming soon lol
    a project that never gets off the ground lol

State
    QLD
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    you could try metro at 200mg per 160 litre's and a tablespoon of epsom salt's per 100 litre's ,good luck with it.but i would treat in a bare tank with lot's of airation otherwise you'll kill your shrimp's.
    Last edited by PETFISH; 02-05-2013 at 12:03 AM.

State
    qld
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    im sorry your fish r sick ..cant offer any advice, dont know enough ..but wow stunning looking i must say..