State
    Queensland
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seachem products in bulk?

Hi guys and girls,

I am wondering if anywhere sells Seachem products in bulk? The products I am chasing are Excel, Excel Flourish, Excel Iron, Stability and Stress Guard. Also API Melafix too, and Bio Chem Zorb sachets

These products are used in my discus and tapa tank quite frequently just to upkeep my tank's healthy look with plants and to maintain best possible care for my fish.

I am after bulk supplies of these products as as of late i have realised these products are costing me a fortune on a monthly basis.

Any website would be handy.

Thanks,

Adam
    T

Silver Member
    State
    queensland
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Seachem products in bulk?

Hey Adam just put a Co2 system on your tank and you will only have to buy Seachem Flourish to feed your plants and just do more frequent water changes and you should be right. As for the stability and other stuff call redlands pet centre and see what they can do for you.

Matt

State
    Queensland
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My mate has a c02 unit and also uses excel flourish daily....and excel and excel iron twice to once a week and he has better success than just using c02...

so when my c02 unit comes in the next two to three weeks I will be following his foot steps as his tank has had crazy success as he still uses the excel flourish and c02 unit both in junction with another....

so that is why i am chasing the excel flourish :)

but thanks i will do..

just found a bargain website online for products....

2L bottle of excel flourish for 60 bucks score!!
    T

Silver Member
    State
    qld
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well share the bargins tell others the website

State
    QLD
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i know the website that you are talking about, but I would stress asking Redlands Pet Centre for a quote first.

I understand this website is cheap. But I would rather see people support the sponsors.

And in reality, if you are buying large quantities of multiple products, its likely you will cost you less from R.P.C anyway, even with fuel and time involved.

We really should support the people that support us.

State
    Queensland
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i don't know if i am allowed to share but as it isn't a forum sponsor...otherwise i would post if it is okay to do so... I just do not want to upset the site sponsors as they are great help to all of us!

people should support their local fish shops as much as they can....as I have done so for the past two years you would not believe the amount of money and time ive spent at my local fish shop spending endless amounts of money....each week is a fair sized chunk out of my budget at my local fish shop so yes i completely agree with you mate....and dont take this the wrong way but however there comes a time when expenditures are too high and your budget doesn't entail due to being a typical uni student hence why i am seeking alternatives...sure its fine to help your local fish shop out as much as you can and i have done so for god knows how long now with streaming business twice to three times a week with me buying products and food and fish and tanks etc from them....but fish take up too much of my money already with their upkeep and plants too...That is why i am seeking alternative solutions...sure some might find it wrong but its what is needed for a bargain to keep my hobby at home going for the time being until i am a geotech engineer. I am still supporting my local fish shop with food and plants and fish mind you with another discus on the way so i am not forgetting the local fish shops at all...

BIG thank you to the forum sponsor that is finding out prices for me...cant wait for a pm back....any dollars saved is a big thing for me being a uni student without a job....finishing my degree...so thank you i will look forward to your response...

Adam.
    T

State
    QLD
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mate. I understand what you are saying, but in reality there is a good chance redlands pet centre will beat any price that website will quote. I challenge you to put it to Russ, and see if he can't beat it. If you are buying in bulk, and by bulk I assume you would want the 4 kg buckets of dry and 2L of wet seachem stuff, just hit him up and see if he can do it cheaper. Also, I hope you do understand that if well all get our aquarium gear through the people that support us, that gives them greater buying power, and the ability to buy things cheaper, which in-turn makes products cheaper for us to buy.

State
    Queensland
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i do understand hence why i made this forum topic originally...to throw it out there to seek people who do offer it for cheap ie forum members and other fish shops...hence why the topic was made....and yes i will be in contact with RPC that is why topic was originally made actually...
    T

State
    QLD
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In addition to my previous post, I thought some more an came up with this -

Yes they should support their local fish shops. But in a lot of situations, the local fish shops are not great, they do what they do, and say what they say for the purpose of their own best interests. So I can somewhat understand your disillusion.

You are right in saying that there becomes a time where expenditure becomes to high. I know it does. But instead of turning to someone who may sell from a warehouse, possibly importing their products directly from overseas; do you not see the value in supporting the guys with shopfronts? and a real interest in the hobby? The guys that stock fish we can go and look a to buyt, and the people that are having a real go at being good stores because they respect the hobby, and respect our business. I personally feel as if this creates a better reason for buying then a simple price point.

State
    Queensland
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

not after an arguement

this was never about buying from warehouses or anything

was simply asking where i can get bulk products for cheap whether it be from a place that doesnt directly sell fish stuff or from a dedicated fish shop was a simple question did not want an arguement to stir up from it..or cop a earful for making what i seemed was a sensible topic...

quite frankly i support my local fish shop who has shop front and a pure dedication for the fish hobby three times a week and this is the first time ive asked a question regarding bulk products to save me a few extra dollars whether it be from a fish shop on here or if a member knows a shop....or from a online aquarium shop....

i did not directly target the non fish shop situation at all as my first preference would be a fish shop so i think you have taken it the wrong way and thinking im only interested in supporting a wholesaler who doesnt care about the hobby...

i completely agree with your above post hence why i originally made this topic to know if someone on here does bulk seachem products... i also said i was emailing a forum sponsor as he contacted me and was seeing what he could do as a forum sponsor would be my first alternative....so yes if you did read i am not interested in supporting just anyone with my money.

i made the topic to see what other members knew or what forum sponsors could do. and have been in contact with two forum sponsors already as a result of this topic so i think assumptions made against me supporting the non shopfront fish shops is a bit harsh mate as i completely agree with what your saying...no need for a earful for when i am on ure side just seeing what others can do for me gees...no need to take it so personally...

sorry for asking a simple question to every member on the forum to save me a few members because i am a typical uni student waiting to finish my geotech engineering degree where when i finish money wont be an issue and ill be buying from my local fish shop and not care on the prices of products....
    T

Titanium Member
    State
    Qld
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am a big suport the LFS fan... But you have to admit Matt, there has been a real effort made here to use a lfs/sponsor.

Oh Adam, try Aquariums Alive too, 55 273 545. Even closer again. I know Brad used to be able to work wonders. I am sure Josh/Jason... Will at least see what they can do.

Frenchy :sheep:
    Cuckoo Cuckoo

State
    QLD
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry mate, that wasn't meant to be a dig at you. Apologies if it was taken that way, neither was I meaning to argue with you. I was just putting an opinion forward and having bit of a rant on the topic

State
    Queensland
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey Matt it must of been your mc hammer dance moves getting you all excited about the topic.LOL Have a great day mate. :lol Great to see the old skool on this forum :)
    The Power is in all of us,Take the first step and know the next one is there already!

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Visted Redlands Pet Centre for the first time on the weekend, and WOW is all I can say. I was an avid online shopper saving huge bucks, but not anymore, I'm a convert. No need to hunt around for best prices after getting member prices there, and absolutely nothing is too much trouble for Russell & his team!!!

State
    qld
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

after reading this, i would like to say that most local fish shop ant that great>>>> i have visited many all over Brisbane, and most of them dont seem to help.and they dont have that mush time for you and they are expensive, having saying this i have never been to RPC yet but will be going this week end. it is ages away but if it is as good as you say it is well i will defs spend my money there. also most local fish shops dont always like to share there knowledge. i have constantly asked question and have got lots of info which is wrong or they have no idea what they are saying, they are just trying to sell me **** i dont need. i would advise for a newbie to do lots of research fist other wise you get ripped off. i cant wait though to see this place a redlands becasue i have a few limts i need. thanks again.