Welcome to QLD Aquarium Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Yo_te_voy_amar

New to this site- can i get some advice

7 posts in this topic

Hi everybody, i would love as much advice on Bettas as possible; I've recently returned to collecting what i consider beautiful specimens( of coarse beauty is in the eye of the beholder) and attempting to do some "experimental breeding" As a young child in Buenos Aires i use to have breeding specimens that would constantly breed with little to no effort on my part. After many years, a shift to a new continent and growing older(arrrrrg) i have found the fighters in Australia to be almost impossible to breed, my girls are totally into it and can hardly swim they're so full of eggs and the males seem to be more interested in just plain out attacking the girls to the point of death and then vein total jerks about it!!!!!!!!!!! Any suggestions, tips useful stories would be great!!!! also i am currently looking for half moon albino males, mustard gas males and females( I'm not sure if thats what u call them in this country) let me know your thoughts.

Gracias por ayuda!

Alejandro(Ash)

as above dude, Fishchick's will solve all your problems.. Also worth looking at AquaBid to sus out what variations are out there.

Have you looked through the betta section here on the forum Bettas

I know there are some very dedicated and knowledgeable breeders in our little community here. [MENTION=7385]Saffa[/MENTION] and [MENTION=7963]Betta[/MENTION] are two that spring to mind but i'm sure there are plenty here that will be able to get your pointed in the right direction ;)