gpodge

UK visit... recommend Aquariums to visit?

Hi Guys,

Lucky me... I'm on long service leave at the moment so I'm off to visit England, specifically London. Can any former locals or those with travel experience over there recommend any good aquariums be they shops or public aquariums to visit??

Oh... by the way I'm leaving tomorrow :dance::dance::dance::dance::sorry:

Go buy a copy of Practical Fishkeeping at a WH Smith News Agent when you are there, as a UK mag it has all the best shops advertised in the back and they also review regions. Not too many Aquarium shops around central London (cost of rent) need to go to outer suburbs for those. Enjoy.

Go buy a copy of Practical Fishkeeping at a WH Smith News Agent when you are there, as a UK mag it has all the best shops advertised in the back and they also review regions. Not too many Aquarium shops around central London (cost of rent) need to go to outer suburbs for those. Enjoy.

cheers Grubby, great idea!

I didnt even think about this........ I have like hundreds of those mags.

hmmmmm......... gives me an idea.

I didnt even think about this........ I have like hundreds of those mags.

hmmmmm......... gives me an idea.

Yeah but he will get the latest up to date edition buying it a WH Smiths in the airport or any Mainline station in London.

Aquatic Design Centre

109 great Portland street

London

They do awesom installation work as well

Thats right I remember them now. Also there is a good one on the Roman Road in East London. You can't go wrong with a Madienhead Aquatics shop either, a really good chain, imagine 100 Pet City stores combined with AOA and you got Maidenhead, unlike our pathetic chain stores.

Drool boys and girls drool.

Fishkeeper

What about Tropical Fish & Fish Aquariums - London | Wholesale Tropicals

Some ones from pfk

Wholesale Tropicals

London England E2 0AA

Woodford Aquatics

London England E18 1EJ

Aqua Logic

London England SE11 4TQ

Aqua-maniac

London

Aquatic Design Centre

London England W1W 6QG

Aquatic Design Centre Ltd

London England W1W 6QG

Castle Aquatics

London England SE9 6UD

Charlton Reptiles and Aquatics

London England SE7 8UD

East Ham Aquatics

London England E6 3RW

Edmonton Aquatics

London England N18 2TZ

Edited by Donny@ageofaquariums

Used to check out aquatic design centre every now and then after work. Good range of tropicals, cichlids and marines

London Aquarium under the London Eye is great for public displays. Marines, 4 ft tsn, piranha tank not sure if still there.

Wholesaletropicals up Bethnal Green had a good assortment.

Maidenhead group has good selection of africans.

If you head north to Enfield, Greater London, there are a selection of aquariums and pond garden centres worth the drive.

Foyles Bookshop in Charing Cross RD, used to have an eight foot tank with piranha in it and they used to do daily feedings of beef heart, pretty boring to watch as these were the most overfed pirahnas in the world. They were so fat and lazy they hardly bothered with their daily feed.