Mitch86

Resun 2800 or ehiem 2260?

Hi all how's everyone going, I haven't been on for a while!

I'm considering getting a ehiem 2260 however I could save some coin and more importantly get a better result with the resun and it's higher output... Anyone know if the resun have bypass issues with the trays not tight on the output or sides of the casing? I'd just prefer which ones going to give better mechanical filtration as my Americans are messy eaters.

For my first post in QLDAF.

I have an ef2800 it does the job but I feel there is better out there. I am on my second one as the first one leaked from the motor head but the guys at AoA were awesome about it.

I think there is too much blow by in the filter and it is a right royal pain to prime and holds a lot of air after it takes off. My fluvial 405 primes instantly and intakes about 10 mins to sort itself out whereas the resin takes a couple hours.

If I could spend my money again I'd buy the 2217 to tide me over and as a second filter. Then when i had the spare $ to go the extra for the 2260 or fx6.

My tank is 6fx2x2.5. Will post pics in the welcome thread

The 2260 are seriously built tough and while the flow rate isn't as high as some of the others they do a good job and never gives me any trouble. Their biggest problem is the cost and if you have the cash also get at least one double tap for the inlet because without it you will make a mess with the amount of water pressure if it's under the tank. You get what you pay for but they are still a bit dear. The double taps are also way overpriced but get them from the UK from an online store, about half the price including postage.