Got a little 4fter planted up and going. I think my issue is lighting but just after some advice :)

substrate is a thin layer of gravel, then 9L of amazonia soil, topped off with a thin layer of poool filter sand.

Im dosing with this liquid co2 Glutaraldahyde and Iron Chelate Fertilizer 500ml

lighting is 4 x 36w T8's. In battens WITHOUT reflectors running Osram tubes similar spectrum to gro lux.

stocking is a few shrimp and a few rams so very light bioload. I am relying on the amazonian soil to supply all fertilisation needs.

I got the plants off a forum member but no idea what they are called although I was told they were low light requirements. The stems are doing fine, its the grass and sword type ones that are looking a little rough. thin looking faded leaves. and some of the grass is starting to rot.

My guess is not enough light.

Im keen to pick up one of these 2 x 54w T5 setups https://www.aquariumproducts.com.au/catalogue_products.php?prodID=6410&catID=86 but also dont want an algae party.

any thoughts?

Thanks

post-3737-14711631974128_thumb.jpg

post-3737-14711631974287_thumb.jpg

More plants to take up the nutrients and light, or you'll get algae.

yeh more plants is the plan... once i get these ones growing lol.

is my lighting sufficient?

You may get some die-back when first planting but give it some time and hopefully new plantlets should shoot out if all conditions are good.

I would personally dump the T8's and go with the T5s. If you've got issues with algae, simply reduce the ferts and the photoperiod/duration of light.

You may get some die-back when first planting but give it some time and hopefully new plantlets should shoot out if all conditions are good.

I would personally dump the T8's and go with the T5s. If you've got issues with algae, simply reduce the ferts and the photoperiod/duration of light.

haha yeh they have only been replanted in the amazonian for a week lol. Just didnt want to see them die off on me.