Breno4313

Aquael Turbo Internal Filters

Hi guys, I am thinking of getting a Aquael Turbo 1500 Internal Filter as my old internal broke. I already have a cannister filter so it's not going to be the only one. has anybody on here got one or have owned one can you tell me if they are any good.

Thanks Breno

I'd say it depends on what you are wanting the internal to do? I'm assuming it's purely for mechanical filtration as your external canister would be taking care of the biological filtering. If this is the case, I'd be looking at the Otto range of internals instead.

I've had no experience with the Aquael but they look set up to do both bio and mech filtering. They look to be the better choice if they are the only filter on a tank as they would have more bio capacity than an Otto.

Bias I maybe, but I think they are the best powerhead on the market.

If you asked me last year I would have said otto, but if you ask me today I say Aquael.

A 1500 would be able to filter a good sized tank on its own.

Unless its a massive canister filter, you can more treat the aquael as an equal to it once cycled.

Rather than it just being for backup.

Easy to clean, efficient, good biological/mechanical media mix, quiet and reliable.

To achieve all that it uses some size.

Its a bit of a beast really, but a good one.

Yes we sell them at aoa, but that aside they are a worthy bit of equipment.

Highly reccomend.

=

aquael-turbo-internal-filter-1000-883-p.jpg

+ a heap of accessories.

aquael-turbo-filter-500_768.jpg

Edited by Donny@ageofaquariums

Yes, I bought the 2000 LPH one from the Tech Den a couple of months back. I am very happy with mine. Only issue I had was that I broke the impellor shaft first time I went to clean it and that was probably my fault.

I can highly reccomend the Tech Den for both price and service, so check them out.

Thanks eveyone for the responses, I think you guys have sold me on them. how many litres would the 1500 hold of marine pure? That's if you can change it

If you dont get an answer to that by wednesday........ I will have one for you XD

And yep easy to change.

Does anyone know whether or not its possible with these aquael internal's to remove the biological media cup and replace it with another of the mechanical sponges ???

[MENTION=9246]Donny@ageofaquariums[/MENTION] , [MENTION=1338]The Tech Den[/MENTION]

Thanks eveyone for the responses, I think you guys have sold me on them. how many litres would the 1500 hold of marine pure? That's if you can change it

Just trying to remember off the top of my head and I think you can fit 8 spheres with a little scraping. A liter is 22 spheres so about a third of a liter.

Yes be careful when removing the impeller - it does not come out the way you think - you remove the top cap and push it through - go the other way and you will snap the ceramic shaft.

[MENTION=6988]th3f0rg0t3n[/MENTION] you could always just put a sponge in where the bio is?