Hi ,this is the first time ive had fish that have breed i noticed today that i have about 40 to 50 convict fry in the tank as these are in with dolphins i caught most off them and put them in one off those small mesh fry holders that stick to the inside off the tank ,as ive read i will have to get hold off a small tank to put these fry in(what size tank and what kind off air filter should i use,and blue meth do i need that ?) as they can still be sucked out by other fish,any advice would be great help

regards steve

hey steve,

i sent you a pm in regards to equiptment, what you have done so far is correct, you wont need meth blue, thats really only required for unhatched eggs, you will need to get them into another tank asap or other fish will nip at the fry through the fry saver net and kill them

Christo

congrats steve on becoming a first time dad lol :lol::lol:

a 2x1x1 is all you need but the bigger the faster they will gow and just use a sponge filter the type that have a weighted bottom are the best with the fat round sponge are the best but any sponge or box air rated filter will work just dont use an electric one if you can help it and it you have to then rap it in something like dacron or the like so the fish dont end up in side the filter :lol::lol:

i hope you are ready for the addiction to start as it is now about to hit full tilt , now you have had your first hatch :lol::lol:

i hope the other info i gave you at the auction is working to if you have gotten around to it yet lol

mark