Sign in to follow this  
juzz

Starting a 3 tier setup

Hey guys

Im getting back in the game after 4-5years of being without a tank so im brainstorming ideas for a new 3 tier setup for the first time, ive only ever had individual tank setups of various sizes before.

The tanks sizes im contemplating are 3 x 15 x 18h or 4 x 15 x 18h

Ill be building the rack from timber or if I can find a good 2nd hand steel one up for sale ill grab that depending on price differences.

Ill be sources tanks new or second hand but want them all the same matching sizes.

The one thing that has me a bit stumped is the filtration and water flow setup, I want to keep it simple yet effective and trying to keep the price of things down...taking power consumption into consideration also but not really a priority haha.

Which way should I go with it, external canisters, internal filters only or sump....which I don't really want to do as space is a little limited in my garage as I tend to work on my car a lot....with tools, engine stands, benches ect in there also.

Any pics, suggestions, thread links or even items for sale would be much appreciated

Cheers

Sump or just use air driven sponge filters.

minimal space for a sump! unless I only run 2 tanks plus sump....but ideally I want 3 operating tanks....a sump would be great tho.

not a fan of spongies either

$600 is a fair price i think. But you can make an offer if u want. I would preffer to get rid of the before i move.
what does that include mate

Sign in to follow this