gurds

mpangas doin the deed

well when i was doin a water change i saw that one of my mpangas is holding :D problem is wat do i do now as its my first time with mpangas.

also i need to know how to strip as i havent done it before.

all help appreciated

cheers gurds

Well mate if this is its first batch of fry

It is most likly she will not hold to full turm

But If she holds for 10 days that will be a good time to strip her

But since you have not done this B4 i think just get her a fry saver and let

nature take its corse

You can do a lot of damage to ya fish if you don't know what you are doing

Roo

yeah got her in a fry saver at the moment and also jeffc (previouse owner) had already bred em a couple of times. ill wait for a little bit 10 or so days then ill have a go since ive talked to a few breeders and they've told me a little bit on how to do it but im not 100% sure.

cheers gurds

Good to hear gurds. She should hold right through for you. Whenever I strip, I let them go at least 14 days. This way the fry have a better chance of survival, heads and tails etc at this stage. There is plenty of info on the net on how to strip. Main thing to remember is to be gentle :)

im so happy i stripped her today (14 days after mouthfull noticed) and got 26 little babies still with a bit of a yolksac. i put the female in a tank with some smaller fish and same water to reduce the stress on her. also got the breeding trap and put it in a spare tank so the other bigger fish wouldnt suck them out abd eat them. so im hoping ill hae a 100% fry living rate and female recovers well. :D:D

cheers gurds