Jeridre

Need advice for CO2 setup for plants

To all the aquarium plant experts,

I have a 50cm cube tank with plant substrate. Running a 100W Jager heater set to 26℃ and a Fluval 204 canister filter with a Aqua one 6W 48 led light.

It is stocked with cardinal tetra's, purple harlequin rasbora, ember tetra's, pygmy cory's, endler gupp, L002 & CRS. The plants I have atm are peacock, java & flame moss, subwassatang, 3 x different types of anubias, Rotala macrandra, Hygrophila difformis & a few others. Ph is at around 7.

I have just bought a Fluval CO2 88 kit and need advice on setting the bubble count per 10 sec? Do I still need to add fertilizers? How long do I leave it on, I have heard mixed info on this one? How many hours of light per day etc, etc & any other helpful advise that I should be doing.

Thanks in advance.

To all the aquarium plant experts,

I have a 50cm cube tank with plant substrate. Running a 100W Jager heater set to 26℃ and a Fluval 204 canister filter with a Aqua one 6W 48 led light.

It is stocked with cardinal tetra's, purple harlequin rasbora, ember tetra's, pygmy cory's, endler gupp, L002 & CRS. The plants I have atm are peacock, java & flame moss, subwassatang, 3 x different types of anubias, Rotala macrandra, Hygrophila difformis & a few others. Ph is at around 7.

I have just bought a Fluval CO2 88 kit and need advice on setting the bubble count per 10 sec? Do I still need to add fertilizers? How long do I leave it on, I have heard mixed info on this one? How many hours of light per day etc, etc & any other helpful advise that I should be doing.

Thanks in advance.

Is much easier to have a CO2 Indicator so you will know how much CO2 you need per sec,

also I will only have the Co2 on with the light, so light off CO2 off,

myself I have it on 9hrs a day but everyone every setup are difference,

Good luck and welcome to the plants world :ewink:

You can use Dino ding pellets as fertiliser if you don't have the right substrate, just insert them in the gravel near the roots of the larger growing plants. You can also use liquid fertiliser.

Don't expect to have shrimp for long as all the fish including the L002 will eat shrimplets.

With them c02 setups you will need to be constantly fiddling with them, i started mine on one drop per three seconds but as the pressure in the c02 cannister reduces you will need to adjust it.

The growth triangle for aquarium plants is; light, ferts and c02 once the tank is lacking in any of these the plants will stop growing.

Cheers mick

I'm using Microbe lift bloom & grow substrate which is meant to be good for planted tanks, what fertilizer would you recommend with this substrate Mick & how many hours a day do you have your light on? Mind you my tank is right next to a window and it would get at least 4 hrs of indirect sunlight a day.

I'll also get the CO2 indicator next weekend from The Tech Den Veltor.

You should be fine with that substrate, you could get provito or flourish excell as a backup it will be good to keep the colour in red plants.

I usually have 8hrs of light and c02 but it's trial and error, you may need to lengthen the time if the plants don't grow well or shorten the time if you start getting algae.

Cheers mick