unheatedtank

Tank slides to the back, please advise

Hi, as the place I put the tank is not level.

Just found out that my back of the tank is lower then the front around 1cm.

In other words, I can see the water is not level with the back higher the front 1cm.... Hope this make sense ;(

Is it OK? As moving this big tank is pita.

using a car jack sounds unsafe mate

you might end up having the jack taking a chunk out of your cabinet from stress

unless the stand is on a metal support that is probably a litter safer for the jack idea

ur best draining the tank of most of the water say take out 80% just enough for the fish and getting a mate to come over lift the stand with the tank on it have a 3rd person wedge the appropriate thing in to level it

You are only lifting one side of the stand. Not the whole stand. And put a block of wood on top of the jack to spread the load.

As far as spacers go, Pieces of flat steel or timber will do the job. If it is out by about 10mm then you will need 10mm worth of spacer

If your lazy and don't mind using dodgy solutions, you can simply mask the water level at the front of the tank with some electrical tape - use what ever colour suits the cabinet best. No need to lift or shift the tank at all.

On my tank racks, I deliberately slope the tanks to the front as I want to see if there is any overflow issues immeadiately. I do this with having thicker polystyrene strips on back than front.

The tank won't slide off but if you are worried, use some sticky tape to hold the tank down in place ( ha ha - joking of course).

If you are going to use spacers under the stand, use the plastic chop board instead of steel as it won't rust or stain the floor.

Thanks for the advice of using chopboard, why didnt I think about it?

I will empty and car jack it tonight as I cant move it alone even it is empty.

And I dont want to ask my fish friend come to help as long as I still can find a way to do alone lol...

Will need to head of bunnings tonight to get some strong tie string as the car jack is much taller than the gap below the stand.

Pic will come later ;)

I forgot to mention that you can colour white plastic chop board with Rite Fabric dye (Tie Dying) to almost any colour to match as it is made from HDPE.

Google how to tie dye clothes/plastic if you have the inclination. The dye is available from Kmart, Big-W, Spotlight and most craft stores.

I forgot to mention that you can colour white plastic chop board with Rite Fabric dye (Tie Dying) to almost any colour to match as it is made from HDPE.

Google how to tie dye clothes/plastic if you have the inclination. The dye is available from Kmart, Big-W, Spotlight and most craft stores.

I want to put a 4ft sump or fish tank below but you can see there is a vertical bar in the back.

How can I make the stand to fit another tank below it?

Thanks.

instead of a jack you can use a piece of wood or steel as a leaver 6inches under stand, 4 feet as a handle, add a block to pivot on, i do this to lift or slightly move 3 tier racks. easy enough to push down on the leaver lift it 20mm slip in a shim, and lower again.

you could always add a few cross members to the bottom shelf, weld in? an then add a piece of ply wood,

or just cut some timber planks to go front to back.