QldMick

new moba

post-6570-14711632280025_thumb.jpg

post-6570-14711632280204_thumb.jpg

these guys have lost their darker colors a bit since i picked them up but the blues in the fins and face seem to still show up some what are now in a 1m x 1.5m tank hoping they'll settle down a bit i always feel like the big bad guy with them scooting off when ever i checkout the tank.

lets hope for the best case with four females and one (unrelated) male.

wondering bout those dark specks on the male, seems to fit in with lake spot but was brought as F1 not WC.

quite happy to actually have my favs these days.

cheers

mick

Doesnt look like digenetic trematode cysts to me(black spot), more likely just some melanophore migration from a healing scrape injury.......... which would have happened around 2 weeks ago or so?

Might match up with when they were caught out, fronnys have a way of diving into rocks when the net goes in.

If thats all it is, I'd expect it to clear up in about a month.

Doesnt look like digenetic trematode cysts to me(black spot), more likely just some melanophore migration from a healing scrape injury.......... which would have happened around 2 weeks ago or so?

Might match up with when they were caught out, fronnys have a way of diving into rocks when the net goes in.

If thats all it is, I'd expect it to clear up in about a month.

yer im with you on the diagnosis but its seems more of a long term thing with it having it before i picked it up. i could be as simple as a few lost scales or a bump less severe then that.

no real concerns bout the spots, happy to have a male from different parents but from the same importation, the information on the net leads me to believe that their are a few locations the exporters get their moba as moba itself is a low gradient sandy shore. theirs "zaire blue" collections sites either side regardless.

im happy ive got a second wind in terms of my fish love and interest and it comes in the form of trying to breed these mobas!