rennie_08

Eheim quick vac pro

Hi everyone,

Just wondering if anyone has used the eheim quick vac pro? I have got a really fine black gravel substrate, it's pretty well sand. Does it work well for the price or is there a better option to clean my substrate without siphoning all of the substrate out.?

Looking forward to your replies

Chris

I really like them but only for gravel tanks... i find that sand is too light and ends up all getting sucked up too.. depending on how heavy your sand is it might work.

if theres a build up of dirt on sand i usually just float over the top of the and it the lighter particles fly up into the gravel vac without disturbing the sand

I have gone through 3 of them. They are not the quality one would expect from eheim. If steer clear. Take it from a slow learner [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I once thought mine had completely broken as the motor seemed to stop working... only to find if i bashed it upside down for a bit a tonne of particles came falling out that were blocking the impeller :)

Yeah, the way the impeller gets blocked easily is a pain, but the battery compartment is not well designed either. I always ended up having to use some tinfoil in there, and the tiny plastic clip that keeps it closed breaks so easily.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hahaha sadly doesn't do it nude....although ill ask next time...unfortunately most models come with the error code: DONT BE LAZY DO IT YOURSELF.

other common errors are: EWWW FISH POO and YOUR FISH YOU DO IT.

I think I may have the only non faulty one..

I was another one of those lucky ones :).... my gf encourages me to spend all my time and money on fish so she can have something pretty to look at :P... never thought about getting her to clean it for me though ;)

Hahahhahahhahaha this is classic, I have most definitely got the short end of the straw with my auto gravel cleaner :P I will have to try Stefan's instructions and see how I go, sadly I don't think it will work real well hahaha.

Thanks again for the replys guys, much appreciated

Chris

error code: DONT BE LAZY DO IT YOURSELF.

It was actually sarcastic. It's not automatic then, please can you just please realise that. Please. It's a powered vacuum cleaner, but it's not automatic. Semi-automatic I can accept but please can we not be so lazy as just assign it a definition that is not appropriate. Then to have the audacity to be rude, it's hilarious in a way.

Also I have the cleaner and it works perfectly fine for me.

It was actually sarcastic. It's not automatic then, please can you just please realise that. Please. It's a powered vacuum cleaner, but it's not automatic. Semi-automatic I can accept but please can we not be so lazy as just assign it a definition that is not appropriate. Then to have the audacity to be rude, it's hilarious in a way.

Also I have the cleaner and it works perfectly fine for me.

Once again, are you being serious? Im going to clarify just in case. The 'gf' auto vac is his 'g'irl'f'riend doing it for him.

Im also pretty sure the error code he was talking about is his girlfriend telling him not to be lazy.

Edited by lgw