liquidg

Cuttles, cute and doing great.

A new batch with near 100 percent success, this is the largest of them at one month old. This time I accidentally put in a bob tail or two but all get on, so far! Most are a bit fat due to most eating my frozen foods now, along with no predators and very little space to take off. There is another thing with them; they actual spend most of their time in the surface of the substrate. I mean these guys do hunt from the substrate in day light hours, so they are sort of lazy.

l-cuttle-1-_zpsd4112ce6.jpg

They look awesome, are you planning on selling any?

Cheers mick

No mate, I just did this to avoid getting bored with the hobby. I will keep one as a pet in the top tank maybe, due to them being similar to the flamboyant cuttle I use to have, they just walk around and the pyjama doesn’t swim much and if tank bred, is very excepting of what’s going on. Wild caught are nut cases!!! Captive bred will readily eat what you give them, more so frozen crabs and not harm other reef life, if they are well fed! They will stress and shed their mucus and harm others when it gets in their gills and die if your water temp gets above 24c to often and they need a little sand some where to settle into and hide from time to time. They also live up to 4 years if no other pyjamas are in with that one. No biting, no jumping out and will feed out of your hand in time if coaxed correctly. The last tank bred one I raised did real well many years ago, but when they relax, they drop their poisonous mucus coating and some one has a go at them, myself and the cuttle learnt that the hard way.

This was my last flam, I stupidly put in a little sting ray with all of the predators in there and the silly cuttle use to hitch in its back and one day it used its barb to rip it open its guts, the ray and it would fight over crabs, I should have known better on that issue!! Just another of the millions of mistakes I have made. it was such a good pet and very smart, oh well!!

cuttle-fish-a-and-volitan-_zpsdf05c2b5.jpg

Making mistakes is how we learn, it's good to hear about people's mistakes I might not make the same ones, hopefully.

They just look so cool but as I'm learning with alot of marine life the best looking are often the most dangerous lol.

I would love for my tank to get like the top tank you posted pics of a while ago, that looked amazing.

If you have Any hints or tip off's as to where to find the things you had in there feel free to pm me.

Also are you selling any types of shrimp, snails etc?

Cheers mick

Making mistakes is how we learn, it's good to hear about people's mistakes I might not make the same ones, hopefully.

They just look so cool but as I'm learning with alot of marine life the best looking are often the most dangerous lol.

I would love for my tank to get like the top tank you posted pics of a while ago, that looked amazing.

If you have Any hints or tip off's as to where to find the things you had in there feel free to pm me.

Also are you selling any types of shrimp, snails etc?

Cheers mick

Sorry mate, i don't sell anything! Commercial i stopped a long time ago.

Edited by liquidg

A stray bobtail I found while cleaning that tub was amongst its shed, I thought all these were gone, but this guy must have been hiding really well.

4fXIrJ.jpg

This is its life now, in a converted coke bottle for now and it just got a glass shrimp I put in, mmmm tasty, lol.

cEq2fB.jpg