Danny2310

Tropheus Bemba red juvenile colouring???

I bought a tropheus Bemba red juvenile a couple of weeks ago, but it look like he is turning more orange than red can anyone help?

Are they more orange when young or have I been sold a Bemba orange instead of a red?

Sorry about the photo but he won't stay still quick little bugger.

post-13859-14711632268684_thumb.jpg

I have kept a few Bemba Red colonies, they are my favourite Tropheus. Some of mine turned out to be a dark orange, almost red but not quite while others were a lighter orange to yellow colour.

I have never seen a pure red Bemba. Regardless of colour the Bemba is one of the most beautiful of Tropheus. Their colour variation is outstanding, I have seen some of my Bemba's go from being completely pale olive/tan colour to having a very dark black head and tail colouration with a very bright orange center area, simply stunning.

All you need to do now is get some mates to keep him company.

Guys, I have Bembas too, well my wife does.... any chance of pics of different ages and colours, from non-breeding to top form....

Mine are not top quality fish as I bought cheap to see if we could acutally keep them, and the colour changes are extreme.....

Thanks,

Steve

I have kept a few Bemba Red colonies, they are my favourite Tropheus. Some of mine turned out to be a dark orange, almost red but not quite while others were a lighter orange to yellow colour.

I have never seen a pure red Bemba. Regardless of colour the Bemba is one of the most beautiful of Tropheus. Their colour variation is outstanding, I have seen some of my Bemba's go from being completely pale olive/tan colour to having a very dark black head and tail colouration with a very bright orange center area, simply stunning.

All you need to do now is get some mates to keep him company.

There is defiantly more on the way I like em and maybe some ikola as well