Robbo89

950L In-Wall Discus Tank

Can always rename links using a url shortener, just make sure new url is all lower case.

You can murder green water with algaecides or a uvc. Just beware the dead algae releasing ammonia/nitrite.

Speaking nitrite.... greenwater loves it long time. Make sure the water doesnt have any in it. A serenity pond strength algae block does 800litres.... i think it would easy kill your bloom.... but you would want to water change a few days later to avoid an ammonia spike.

Adding a bunch of foxtail/hornwort might do the trick as it releases an algaecide. Barley straw extract (slow release hydrogen peroxide) is another more "natural" method.

Edited by Donny@ageofaquariums

Time to get the ball rolling again. I have without a doubt done the absolute bare minimum to maintain this tank over the past year or so, and almost nothing has changed. But I'm finally ready to finish this project, so there will be updates coming very shortly. Plants have been purchased, lots of jungle val and some big melon swords and will be going in tonight. Next on the to do list is decide where to get the fish from.

So if anyone knows a reliable source for 150 cardinal tetras please let me know!!

Thanks guys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[mention=10322]Robbo89[/mention] - if you want to give us a call tomorrow we might be able to sort your cardinals for you.

Will be in touch on Monday! Would love to grab a quote from you guys.

So here's the updated photos.

7ee2c7a094be2b72487272973dee7574.jpg
f760d124bcb798fe320b52b66a79d370.jpg
ad477d7da7a45d3b9c70e192dc4d1408.jpg
dfd96477284926932356379853c5e556.jpg

Plants in, and a few seachem root tab fertiliser pellets are in also (the pool filter sand is inert and offers no nutrients). I'll also be ordering some flourish as well, just because I really want these plants to have the best chance they can in such a deep tank.

Would be keen to know, how would you stock this tank? Here's what I'm thinking:

150 cardinals
20 tril. corys
Eventually 5-10 discus, all of one variation, ideally@ssdiscus 's blue scorpions if that's a possibility
A few blue rams, again fingers crossed I can get some of Shaun's as they are top quality

And here's where it gets tricky for me.

This piece of wood is full of dozens of natural caves and tunnels, perfect for some kind of catfish/plecos. But I'm not sure which kind. I love peppermint bristlenose, but they're poo machines. I also would love a few whiptail catfish, but am equally keen on all the beautiful l numbers. So here's where I need some help. Would you put a colony of one l number strain and give them an opportunity to natural breed, a collection of various l number pairs/trios, or something different? Let me know!

10 hours ago, Robbo89 said:

Will be in touch on Monday! Would love to grab a quote from you guys.

We are currently doing the Cardinals 10 for $35 less QLDAF discount - only have a couple of hundred left - Monday is a public holiday so we will be closed -  sorry.

It's a personal choice to go various compatible L's or a school of the one type. Make sure they enjoy the same diet as Discus ie high protein.

They should go well as they love similar water conditions, temp etc. And you'll need caves for the breeding