smicko

moss i.d please

Based on that picture, in my opinion I would say it a Taxiphyllum sp. & I would be leaning towards peacock moss.

IMO, it doesn't show any characteristics of a Fissiden sp. or Vesicularia sp.

Mosses obviously take on different forms under different conditions so in more favourable conditions, this is what peacock moss would look like

Peacock-Moss-Leaves.jpg

Otherwise, if freshly attached, under poor lighting, floating around etc., peacock can also look like this which is very similar to the picture you provided

Peacock-Moss-Leaves-02.jpg

You may have to wait until the new fronds develop but if you have any other mosses to compare to, this is a thread I made up a while ago on the AL forum

Distinguishing Various Moss Species

Link for peacock moss with the above images

Aquatic Moss. How to grow Aquatic Moss. Info on Java Moss, Christmas Moss, Taiwan Moss, Peacock Moss, Stringy Moss

Anyhow interested to see what other plant gurus have to say [MENTION=2182]zane[/MENTION] [MENTION=3974]fnqld[/MENTION] [MENTION=1711]greenfinger[/MENTION]

Thanks for the link and suggestions, i have recently moved it to a new tank as it was taking over a 30x15 cm footprint.

I will start dosing liquid carbon and ferts to pump it up a bit and then update pics.

It's under a 10 000k t8 light, so I will change the tube to promote better, more realistic growth.

Cheers mick