Buckshot

Agro angel

I have an angel that I got when I was quite small and have it in an community tank with other angels aswell as gouramies silver sharks etc, I feed my fish fairly heavily and do regular water changes, and this particular angel has grown to about 4 times bigger than the other angels. Over the last month or so has become quite aggressive toward the other fish in the tank. 3 of the angels have died and I'm assuming it was the angel that killed them, their fins were very tattered etc, my water parameters are all good and I keep my tank at 27 degrees.

My question is there anything you can do to stop this behaviour or is it just a lost cause? Will I have to put it in a separate tank by itself?

Cheers Ryan.

Is the non-angelic angel aggressive over a specific area of the tank or at meal times or is it just a bully that is throwing its weight around? By that I mean does it seek out the other members and attack them if they come near it.

Angels can be "semi"-aggressive towards their kind and others during breeding and in general, so this one being bigger than the others may just be trying to muscle the others out. Your best bet would be to isolate the Angel that is not so angelic, and when you put it back in the tank maybe rescape the tank a bit. Also are they plenty of places for the other fish to hide when this one is on the war path?