BarryToucher

"desert" scaped 2foot shrimp tank

Hey guys,

After a helping hand from a Mr [MENTION=9246]Donny@ageofaquariums[/MENTION] I have finally Aquascaped my 2 foot shrimp tank :)

I decided on a desert style theme as I will have 14 SW/GB in there from thursday next week

IMG_3442.jpg

Without water

IMG_3457.png

With water

I've gone with a inert red diamond sand with Thunder eggs as "mountains" and petrified wood as smaller peaks, I then used twigs(been in tanks for months already) with java moss covering them as "cactuses"

IMG.png

The only SW I've got, for now lol

Also trying to think of the other colour to really pop in the tank, was thinking either Blue cherries or if i can get my hands on some, Green Cherries. any other colour suggestions?

Regards,

Nathan

All the blacks come from chocs some breed truer black than others but am yet to see any that throw 100% black shrimp babies.Just a mater of sorting out blue base from brown base from bubs and culling the brown base to keep them breeding a higher % of black

Nice Mick!

Yay I'm learning more and more about these addictive, expensive little creatures! I hate researching online as everyone has their own opinions and I'd rather hear it from those on here who are experienced in shrimp keeping.

I'm torn between chocs/ blacks and yellows!

I'm kinda leaning towards yellow at the moment lol

Got around 20 GB thanks to a member from SKF (JPN07) so here is some updated pics, tanks changed a little bit, same with filtration. still waiting on my 6500K 2x 10w Leds for the tank :) [MENTION=9246]Donny@ageofaquariums[/MENTION] [MENTION=885]smicko[/MENTION]

here is some updated pictures :) may be a little data heavy :P

IMG_3489.jpg

IMG_3495.jpg

IMG_3501.jpg

IMG_3504.jpg

IMG_3513.jpg

IMG_3513.jpg

IMG_3520.jpg

IMG_3525.jpg

IMG_3496.jpg

IMG_3495.jpg

IMG_3526.jpg

Will update again when i get the blacks :)

Nathan

Edited by BarryToucher