smicko

how do I kill cladophora algae

<BR><BR>Hi all, I've had a fairly severe outbreak of cladophora in a fully planted 3ft.

What is the best method to eradicate it?

The tank has a few types of stem plants, some crypts, hm that's struggling and some brasiliensis lilaeopsis if that helps.

It is past the method of spot dosing and everytime i try to manually remove it i take handfuls of rocks and plants with it.

Any help appreciated.

Cheers mick

Here you go.

AlgExit is a safe and effective product for combating almost all types of algae in a freshwater aquarium. Algae, such as beard algae, brush algae and filamentous algae, are effectively wiped out. AlgExit is easy and economical to use and harmless to fish, shrimps, molluscs and plants. The algae growth is first brought to a standstill and then it disappears. Any algae spores that are still present in the water are removed.

Dump a load of Darwin Red Nose Shrimps in your tank? DRNS selectively ate the clado from amongst suBwassertang for me - did a great job. They are the only biological control I know that will eat clado. Reported to also nibble some fine plants in a planted tank... but I don't notice it in mine.

Darwin Alage Shrimp don't touch the variety I have. I have clado growing on the sponge filter with 200+ DAS