grubby

Hey how low does a sump have to be below the bottom row of tanks.

<BR><BR>My stand takes 9 2ft x 1fts end on in three rows of three. Currently I use sponge filter K1 filters tapped of an irrigation line powered by a large air pump. Thinking about going down the sump route. Last time I used a sump was 20 years ago a 4x2x2 marine tank, which I made myself. This time round space is at a premium and I have no room for a sump on the rack or under it.There is about 15cm from the bottom of the tanks on the lowest level to the garage floor. What I want to know is, is 15 cm enough height differential to put a 2ftx1ft sump along side the rack on the gargage floor ? Or do I need more height?

Yes that will be fine. You could have the sump at the same height as the bottom row of tanks if you had to. You would just have to drill the sump so that the drain holes in the tank are slightly higher than the hole in the sump. If that makes sense.

Yes that will be fine. You could have the sump at the same height as the bottom row of tanks if you had to. You would just have to drill the sump so that the drain holes in the tank are slightly higher than the hole in the sump. If that makes sense.

Agreed I would have it to the side or behind to make your life alot easier