fishtraderlau

What is the best all-round 'Quarantine' medication?

<BR><BR>Hi team,

I am wanting to buy a good medication for quarantining wild caught fish in. I used to use some great stuff that I think was called Monkeys Nuts but searching for that all I can find is literally peanuts.

Can anyone remember what the best stuff was, or, what is the best stuff available these days?

Thanks,

Andrew.

- Fishtraderlau

in Blackwater...

Thanks Doug, it's good to be back. I take it you are still in the same place down there at Palm Beach. Still have that monster mangrove jack in the back shed?

I'll have to check up on the Breeders Register what you are breeding at the moment, as I'll be restocking a few tanks in the weeks to come.

Thanks Doug, it's good to be back. I take it you are still in the same place down there at Palm Beach. Still have that monster mangrove jack in the back shed?

I'll have to check up on the Breeders Register what you are breeding at the moment, as I'll be restocking a few tanks in the weeks to come.

Yep, still here at Palm Beach, Andrew. No monsters in the back shed currently, just lots of nice malawis.

Cheers, Doug

Andrew.

Maybe try getting in touch with a few of the importers like Grant Parkes, and Lloyed Ashton, There are a few others might introduce you too aswell, aswell if you are looking at getting Tangs.

I believe the biggest issue is Most WC fish have worms, so any fish worming product should be applicable.

Act quick WC fish will be very difficult to get hold of come March 1st next year.

Thanks for all your replies fish keepers, I'll stock up on a range of the good stuff you fellas have mentioned when I place my next order.

Ha ha [MENTION=13798]mikedenoob[/MENTION], 1970, not quite, but yeah, if you were on the forums some 10 years ago, or attending the auctions in Brisbane/Gold Coast, you should have seen what the likes of MudSkipper, Trofius, DFishkeeper, myself and other such fellows were up to. My Breeders List is no longer on this forum, but I thankfully have a copy of it from 2004 so if you want to see what fish were around those days in our tanks, let me know and I'll PM it to you. For now though, not long back in Australia and the rebuilding efforts are continuing. Only have a rack of four 4fters and a couple of display tanks to set up at the moment, I don't think I'll be getting back to the massive days of old until the kids move out of the house :) [MENTION=1698]trofius[/MENTION], what is happening as of March 1 next year, what have I missed?

March... All imports must come with a certificate stating they are some virus ( Sorry too much wine to remember) free, this testeing by a reputable agency, is to be conducted by the exporter, or large batc h testing by Australian authorities, I guess you will still be able to import, but the cost will only increase exponentially.... On Sunday I will send you a link when I get home...

Its been in the pipework for s few years essentially the government wants to squeeze out imports...

I think you guys are over reacting.

I honestly hope so, but I really cant see a exporter going through all this extra stuff without passing it on, this sort of testing is far from cheap..

Biosecurity Advice 2014/11 - Quarantine policy for freshwater ornamental finfish from approved countries - Department of Agriculture

So Andrew are you planning on Hiring a Quaranteen room, and importing, or just buying through an importer..

Hi guys, see you have used Wardley Promethyasul, just a question is it safe to use with Yoyo and Dwarf Chain Loaches?

and what are the dosing directions, as the directions on the bottle are very limited.

eg. 5ml per 20 litre, then what?