Matmatmat

Shrimp Pre Filter advice

I use these stainless steel filter intakes on 2 of my shrimps tanks and they are fantastic.

I tried to find the link for the ones I got from The Tech Den, but they are like these but are better. They have rubber ends, instead of metal ones and a finer mesh than these Dake ones. Very similar though, to give you a better idea.

Dake Stainless Steel Shrimp Mesh 16mm

I am sure is you ask John, he'll know.

imagejpg1_zpsb5fa2f7d.jpg

Can you get these to fit ehiem canisters? [MENTION=9246]Donny@ageofaquariums[/MENTION] do you guys have these? [MENTION=1338]The Tech Den[/MENTION] do you have anything?

hey Matmatmat, We do the one shown on the image we also do the one that shawry74 has which is similar to the one above but a finer mesh and seems to fit better with most canisters (we do not have that listed on the site) and also do a twin pack sponge. Hopefully I will get time in a bit to add them to the site to help.

Can you get these to fit ehiem canisters? [MENTION=9246]Donny@ageofaquariums[/MENTION] do you guys have these? [MENTION=1338]The Tech Den[/MENTION] do you have anything?

Those ones aren't too good, I have used them and they don't fit. Plus they twist out of shape very easily if you apply too much pressure.

I got these from The Tech Den and they fit my Eheim 2213. They come in 2 sizes.

zjNteRy.jpg

we used to sell 2 different sizes of these, but dont think supplier brought more in.

Will have to ask Ben and find out.

5 options!

not bad at all.

You win this round Mr Tech.

:)

Another option is to use a shrimp friendly filter.

Depends on the aquarium size, but we have found the Eheim AquaCorner 60 to be excellent.

Yep another boring German filter that just sits in the corner and does its job.

Very low maintence and one of Eheims best filters IMHO.