vwnm105

hi guys, I am not really good with forums but I really have to ask this question here

Price: =

Size: =

Sex: Unknown

Suburb/Town: =

Hi to all forum members and administrators.

Firslty, I would like to apologize for writing this in wrong section as I could not find any right section to post on.

I bought quiet lot of red chili endlers from ******* ages ago.

Before I buy them, I asked the seller whether they breed pure or not and the seller replied she sells 100% pure breeding ones unlike other rip offs.

I trusted her and went 2 hours trip to get these endlers when she didnt even give me her personal details such as phone number or address. We traded at the mcdonalds.

The males seemed pure and the females had no colours like other female endlers.

But now, in the tank of red chili endlers, all males are with different colours except the original pure ones I got off from the seller. looks way too different to the red chili endlers she posted on the ad.

they looks really similar to this picture.

post-5476-14711632310056_thumb.jpg

I am very confused atm and have no idea where to report this person in this forum.

I really hope no one else like me gets fooled by sellers like this in the future.

Thanks for reading and I will give you the nickname of the seller and my number if you have more questions about this matter.

Hope these kind of things never happen in the future again.

Thanks.

Steve

Edited by vwnm105

just to help you out and so you understand the genetics of guppies..... black bar endlers have been line bred and each time taking the most red males out and breeding with them again and again and again till eventually the male black bar endler is totally red with a tiny black /white bit left on them.... it is not uncommon for these guppies to throw back males with less red on them and they will resemble the original black bar endler they were line bred from...

so without knowing the seller or yourself the buyer... what has happened to you is not uncommon and its not anybodies fault - so i wouldnt be bad mouthing anybody from here on in and maybe an apology to your seller if you have publicly named them :)

and to keep your lines as red as possible i would remove any males that arent the desired colour you want so they dont breed and create more non-red guppies :)

hope this helps :)

If you want to start a dispute then here is the correct way to do so.

http://www.qldaf.com/forums/dispute-resolution-forum-128/

We do not allow members to be named and shamed in other sections of the forum. I am leaving this thread for the useful discussion that [MENTION=932]bigjohnnofish[/MENTION] has just started, and that may be useful for @vnmw105 to hear about throws in endlers lines. You will se a post on here about the two throws I have from my blues. Any ugly throws back towards wild forms become feeders.

If this discussion does get out of line, it will be removed.

Thanks,

Steve

This kind of thing is always an issue with linebred fish. I don't believe it is possibly to lock down specific traits permanently, there's always going to be a strong chance that certain genes will align and throw back (unless you are talking about mutations, but that's really a different topic altogether.)

i breed chilli's, commons, blues, tigers and scarlet blues, and as above, you need to work to keep them breeding true, the only thing i see wrong is the seller telling you they breed 100% true as apart from the real true wild type the rest are either man made hybrids from crossing with guppies or line bred,

i always tell my buyers they breed 90% true, you always have the chance to get a random colour, i have a "mixed" endler tank just for this, any strange looking males goes in it, i then sell the males as display fish or if somebody wants to add a few to a mixed tank of guppies, but some of the blue/purple male that i find in that tank are stunning, my next job is to try to line breed some purple endlers, :noidea:

All "chilli" endlers are hybrids (wingei/reticulata) and will never breed 100% true

Even pure P wingei will throw the odd variation

Like most fish if you want to maintain certain traits then you need to separate males/females as soon as they are sexable

and only use the males with desired traits for breeding

the above is especially true with guppies as females can carry male sperm for many spawns after they made contact with that male... basically once a female virgin guppy is impregnated by a specifiic male she is tarnished if you want to use her to line breed with a specific male or create a specific kind of guppy.... there are ways to stabilize a line of guppy you've developed but it involves breeding different generations back over parents... or alternatively line breeding long enough to eliminate unwanted genes but this is never 100%....