litigator666

Macropore as substrate of small tank

Im getting some small fish and have a small 2ft cube tank for them. I was thinking of using macropore white and gold (likely gold) as my subtrate as a have some stocks of regenerated ones. Would it still function - clear the water and soften it even if just staying at the bottom of tank? Ill just be using a sponge filter for it. Also considering placing marine pure spheres as ornaments (marble effect) on the same tank.

Let me know of your thoughts?

Interesting idea :P dont know that it would work but dont see why not in that the water is still flowing through the substrate... Would be a pain to have to clean it all the time and also the macropore would quite likely be too fine and constantly get kicked up by the filter rather than staying on the bottom... Try it and find out :)no such thing as tooo much macropore :P

[MENTION=1338]The Tech Den[/MENTION] your salesrep may have an idea on this. Was thinking of placing it on a bag and let it sit in the bottom - maybe useful for people just running sponge on their tanks. Macropore and marinepure spheres.

Edited by litigator666

Would not expect it to work very well as you would need the water to flow through it to be effective rather than just over it. Macropore is about half to a third of the weight of sand so if you did not bag it, I think you would have issues with it staying in the one position. Never loan the recharging aspect that Tristan mentioned.

Making ornaments out of marinepure could be fun but you might want to wait for this stuff we are testing at the moment - it might make a nice Inca...

20140915_082040.jpg