GrandLocomon

Water damaged stand - is it still useable?

I had a tank leak (capillary siphoned itself really) onto the top of my stand (2 ft) and now the top has some obvious water damage bubbles. One at the back and one to the front. Is the stand still useable? I have an aqua one array 34L which only would touch it with 'feet' at each corner, which I'm fairly confident would not touch the bubbles. So I might be able to salvage it for use but I'm not sure if I should trust it. Such a waste, I used it less than a month...

I had a tank leak (capillary siphoned itself really) onto the top of my stand (2 ft) and now the top has some obvious water damage bubbles. One at the back and one to the front. Is the stand still useable? I have an aqua one array 34L which only would touch it with 'feet' at each corner, which I'm fairly confident would not touch the bubbles. So I might be able to salvage it for use but I'm not sure if I should trust it. Such a waste, I used it less than a month...

Have a look at the main structural members of the stand i.e the leg posts, and base support beams that sit under the tank if they are still solid and have no swelling the stand will be fine, by the sounds of it as Donny said it's just the board they use to cover the frame and make it look prty, sounds like the laminate if thats all it is nothing to worry about, be best to post a couple photos of the stand and the damaged areas. Hope this helps.

James