Gets

Thanks energex

Ok....so if Energex don't do maintenance on the grid and there are power failures with longer outages, which would you prefer?

The system doesn't maintain itself mate.

There are quite a few people who work for Energex here, and they do a pretty good job of making sure that the supply of electricity is reliable.

No worries, but venting your frustrations can have drastic effects in a public forum.

People are here to help in these situations and there are a few products out there that can help you.

Can I suggest Seachem Stability....a great product to have handy when these things occur.

Cheers

[MENTION=11351]shawry74[/MENTION].....I c ur point.... A 9 hr outage has hurt my systems... That's all I'm sayin..... I'm an arborist that takes care of the vegetation maintenance on transmission feeders....the energy that feeds city's.....

Power outages are dreaded by all aquarium hobbyists, but unless you can afford an elaborate back-up system to keep constant power (which lets face it, very few of us can afford this), the next best thing is to make sure that you maintain your tanks at optimal levels to combat these situations. I try to do weekly water changes and constantly test to ensure water parameters are within the required range.

Yes we have a generator too, we live in cairns and with cyclones each year we always lose power, when the power goes out my tank is only off for a minimum of 1/2 a hour before the jenny kicks in. Our generator is wired into our fuse box.