SPA50

Always hiding :(

Hey everyone,

We have a Fluval edge 46L tank with a fee choc/black shrimp, 2 Sewellia, 2 rasbora merah and 9 rasbora hengeli.

For some reason the rasbora are always hiding :( just wondering if it's the numbers or what? They hide in the top left corner whether the light is on or off.

Cheers

post-12412-14711632494394_thumb.jpg

post-12412-14711632494556_thumb.jpg

Looks like there are a few factors contributing. The tank is viewable from all sides and the top, this may be making them feel vulnerable. Also they are generally a mid to top water swimmer and there is nothing in the top half of the tank, maybe some decor that extends up in to the top half of the tank may help?

Looks to me like they are trying to find the darkest part of the tank. The tank is very bright. This is one of the problems with planted tanks. When you set up lights for the fish, it can be to British for the fish, especially more sensitive fish.

I tend to like feeding fish when I look at the tank. This teaches fish to be active when you are near the tank, and gives you a good display.

Other thing to try would be another school of more robust fish. As a suggestion, cherry barbs..... underrated fish for colour of a good male, and not too barb like.....