Nafe420

L144 with longfin BN

So for a few months I had a female L144 with my albino longfin BN pair. I had a batch of fry and when they hit 1.5cm my L144 died from bloat, gave the corpse a little squeeze and just as I thought, full of eggs. It's one thing losing a beautiful fish but more devastating knowing she was holding.

So now the fry have grown to 2-3cm I'm not sure what I have. I was so sure the longfins I have were from pure bloodlines so guessing the male jumped on L144 eggs.

Numbers are estimate of 30+ fry

10 or so look shortfin, the rest long

Keeping my eye on 10 or so that are always on the driftwood. Too small to actually see that eye colour.

So my question is, are L144 more likely to eat driftwood?

It's that 10 that always have their guts full of it where the other 20 or so stick to the glass and clay.

Be so glad if I end up having 8 longfin L144 to raise.

Any feedback would be great thanks.

i have not noticed a difference in mine. i have longfins (albino and common) and 144 (shortfin and longfin) and there behaviour is all reasonable similar. not sure im real keen on crossing the albino LF and 144 to achiece a LF144

Yea it wasn't the plan but I'm guessing it's happened. Just assumed it's happened due to the pure albino LF throwing short fins and 10 of which (both LF and SF) appear more wood eaters than the rest.

No need to worry, if they are crossed I will be keeping them for my own enjoyment haha

L144s might not be on the import list like so many other species but what says they haven't been brought to our shores at some stage along with the other hundreds of rare and exotics catties that show up time and time again. Just cause their not on the list doesn't mean their not here. Didn't these so called LF 144s show up a couple of years back with huge price tags only to drop in price cause they were so easy to breed. If anyone has any of these so called not LF144s and breeding them I'd be keen on a couple fry especially now their only about $30 - 45 each when and if available.

hmmmm,

planet catfish call this one the false L144

with a black pupil & blue ring around the eye

ANY LOCAL MEMBERS with a decent camera invited to take photos of these guys coz i like em & me cameras no good :)

Anyway not to pollute [MENTION=9141]Nafe420[/MENTION] thread with a can of worms, but thats what these fish appear to be :)

Good luck with them mate they look great and are the most uninhibited of all plecos i reckon, constantly out in the open showin off :)

Geez if i was [MENTION=8256]Ray[/MENTION]Ray i tink i'd be hanging onto my L134's, coz there'd be a few people with dainty longfin, bristlenose, albino, L144, blackeye, blueeye. redcap, whiteish, yellowish, bold orange, bushynosed zucchini munchin poop machines be happy to go swaps....

They're all at about 4cm now so will get a few snaps soon and post them up so people can judge, I will be splitting the short from the longfins. To me I really can't tell if they have blue eyes or not just yet but once they're out of the 2.5x2x1ft if should be easier to tell.

Thanks people ;-)