We've all killed fish mate, whether by accident, mistake or culling fry we all do it. Don't let it discourage you, just do a lil more research into basic water chemistry & it's effects on fish (pH, GH, KH, dissolved oxygen levels due to temp & water surface disruption, just the basic things that will affect your fish) & also have a good read about the cycle of a tank & the small environment that needs to be balanced. The bacteria in your biological filter media (MarinePure, ceramic rings, sponge etc) are the basis of a healthy tank. Without them flourishing & multiplying life is hard & lots of water changes ensue.

Don't feel too bad bout your first mistake mate, all of us have made a mistake or two when first starting out :)

Thanks BigPete86. Yeah Im ordering a master test kit and some filter media( bacteria) on Tuesday. Then I'm gonna do it properly this time. Yeah I do feel bad. But it also made me wanna learn what I did wrong and improve on what I did wrong.

And so I've decided to get some easier fish first and learn with them. And once I think I can handle it I'll get something more advanced

From allboutthebass

Hey bass I would recommend getting 1x crayfish a group of female guppies as males have big long fins, juvenile silver perch, let them grow up with a crayfish of about 12cm, you can put some plants in as well, a couple of snails, rainbows if you wanted to, and any other smart fast and short finned fish, so don't put goldfish in as they are the opposite of all 3. Now as a setup the river gravel sounds great, stones as you also said, and some driftwood, I also recommend putting Japanese rush and Amazon swords in as plants, as the cray will chew on it and it is hysterical to see them trying to climb up and falling down, also if you get anything with really thin stalks it is very funny to watch them snip the leaves and float to the top to escape on them, however, it would be a little bit of a waste of plants. Only some crays chop the leaves and float but be cautious. People will tell you that silver perch will attack the crayfish, as they get to about a foot long, but they have small little mouths. My tank with my yabby:post-14334-14711632503121_thumb.jpg

From The Native Dude

Haha thanks mate. I'm thinking about putting two in. I thought about silver perch. But silver perch don't really do it for my. As for gold fish. We already have two. So I was gonna put them in the big tank to let the mature. I don't mind the look of the smaller tropical schooling fish. Just whilst I learn about it all. But thanks for the idea

From allboutthebass

That's alright. Gold fish will add some colour to the tank. And my tank is quiet tall so they'll have some swimming area. Yeah. Guppies are alright I guess. To be honest I'm not sure what I want. Cause I'd like a native tank but I'd also like a tropical tank too. Cause I really would love a bass but you know the look of some tropical fish look cool too

From allboutthebass