Sign in to follow this  
Grumundi

Got HEAPS of K2 fry

Well as I was looking at my tank today (first time in a week, apart from a quick feed).

I spotted about 15 little k2 fry swimming around, all stripy and yellow like litte tigers. Probably alot more in there as I have good rock structure. Was happy to notice that another 3 of the girls where holding aswell.

Also a good 20 duboisi, but the k2's are rarier than cats piss, so really happy to have them breeding so young. Now my old man is claiming he breed them as I was in perth all week LOL.

For those that dont know, this is a k2 adult, not mine, but nearly as good as mine.

Kiriza_6gross.jpg

that is good two main differences between Ikola(K1) and Kiriza(K2) is red above eye and sometime along top of dorsal in Ikola and Kiriza's yellow stripe goes all the way to the top of the dorsal fin were the Ikola one will stop just into the dorsal.

I have a school of Ikola myself and didn't know about the red until I saw it and then researched further. Was just I guess to see if yours were sold as K2 but might actually be Ikola.

Emm just had a closer look, i guess they do have abit of yellow above there eyes, almost on the top of there eye ball.

But the yellow goes right through the dorsal fin, which it doesnt on the ikola, so definatly k2's / kiriza.

Cool, I would go with the band all the way through the dorsal as well.

I saw in your classified post you had some Bulu points and Ikola from the books I have be careful if they are in the same tank as they can interbreed.

Side note my Ikola's are holding again which is way cool, slowly building my school up.

I love tropheus this is my first school. Had a rocky start loosing a few but now their numbers are only going up which is awesome.

Sign in to follow this