AquaholicsOnline

Introducing some NEW sponge filters on the market

Hey fellow forum peeps

We have just received our container from our tour of china and have a couple of NEW goodies to share (more coming in November)

First of all we have taken the every day sponge filter a step further and introduced 2 NEW models

Model # 1 HI-FLOW XY-380

The HI-FLOW filters are much the same as your old sponge filters except they are now made with a different grade of sponge. The new sponge increases the flow through rate and prevents clogging. The new HI-FLOW sponge filters are also MUCH MUCH easier to clean compared to the traditional sponge filters

Here you can see a comparison on the materials used

post-3956-14711632515119_thumb.jpg

The New HI-FLOW models are available now for only $7.95ea ($7.20 after forum discount) or if you buy 10 they are only $6ea ($5.40ea after forum discount)

xy-380 Sponge Filter Large Aeration HI FLOW

post-3956-14711632515273_thumb.jpg

Model # 2 HI-FLOW and SILENT XY-380

That's right we have engineered a HI-FLOW sponge filter with 0 NOISE... the unique design of this filter produces many micro bubbles to create it's current draw. The creation of these micro bubbles in return give a flow that is completely silence (no more blop blop sounds from the fish room) The use of micro bubbles also give a greater flow into the filter with the use of less air. What this means is 1 you have a greater oxygen exchange rate in the water and #2allows to to run more filters off the same air pump :)

The NEW HI-FLOW SILENT models are also available now in our online store. They are $8.95ea ($8.05ea after forum discount) or if you buy 10 they are $7ea ($6.30 after forum discount)

xy-380 Sponge Filter Large Aeration HI FLOW

post-3956-14711632515442_thumb.jpg

We also have a NEW HI-FLOW jumbo model available but more on that one later :)

ok, I got myself some of the new HI-FLOW sponges and they look good. I got some of the JUMBO ones and also some of the smaller XY-380 size.

One of the problems I have on a heavily stocked system is that fine sponge filters clog up too quickly and need cleaning far too often, and they're a buggar to clean, especially the big jumbo ones. These new hiflo ones look great and should help out a lot and save me some maintenance time. I've been searching for sponge filters with a coarser sponge for some time now without success, so kudos to Jesse at Aquaholics Online for listening and organising something to fill a gap in the accessories market.

I've just hooked them up this week, so I'll post up an update in a few weeks after they have been running for a while and need to be cleaned.

Cheers, Doug

Anything that helps me spend less time in the fish room working is a hit

Only downside I can see is

I would expect to loose fry as they do eat from sponges so not a good idea in fry tanks

FJ

Anything that helps me spend less time in the fish room working is a hit

Only downside I can see is

I would expect to loose fry as they do eat from sponges so not a good idea in fry tanks

FJ

I'm not worried about the fry, I'm using the smaller hi-flow ones mainly in fry tanks. The sponge isn't that coarse that you need to worry about losing fry, in fact my malawis often breed on top of the jumbo ones and I'm not even worried about eggs falling through.

Cheers, Doug

ok, I got myself some of the new HI-FLOW sponges and they look good. I got some of the JUMBO ones and also some of the smaller XY-380 size.

One of the problems I have on a heavily stocked system is that fine sponge filters clog up too quickly and need cleaning far too often, and they're a buggar to clean, especially the big jumbo ones. These new hiflo ones look great and should help out a lot and save me some maintenance time. I've been searching for sponge filters with a coarser sponge for some time now without success, so kudos to Jesse at Aquaholics Online for listening and organising something to fill a gap in the accessories market.

I've just hooked them up this week, so I'll post up an update in a few weeks after they have been running for a while and need to be cleaned.

Cheers, Doug

ok, I just spent a few hours today cleaning lots of sponge filters in the fishroom.

And I am loving these new HI-FLOW sponges. They trap lots of solid gunk without clogging and clean out easily in a bucket of water. The jumbo sized ones in the finer sponge usually take 6 buckets of water before they squeeze out reasonably clean, the new coarser sponge ones only needed 2 buckets. These things saved me time and effort today.

I have these sponges in some heavily stocked fry and growout tanks and I'm very happy with them and happy to recommend them.

Cheers, Doug

Thanks for the feedback [MENTION=57]DFishkeeper[/MENTION] glad this one is working out great. We have someone that has been running one of these in a tank next to one of the old style ones. Both were NEW and we are waiting to here back on some results to compare...