donnperez88

Please Help. I need to know the gender of my Flower Horn

They will fight regardless.. Until they pair up then they will fight, have babies then fight again lol. Some pairs can stay together long term without fighting but in most cases u are better off keeping them seperate

Not really... How big are they? They don't look that old to me... Maybe give them a few more months to mature, sex differences will be more obvious and your chances of successful spawn will be higher

my female just laid eggs today for the first time without any males in the tank, she would be 6mths old @10cm.

I have another female same age and size that just laid eggs yesterday and has a male same size in the tank, they paired up straight away last week with no issues, fighting ect...id say hes not old enough to fertilize yet but ill soon find out if they hatch in a few days

I've heard of males being fertile from about 2.5".. Although I would say that is pretty rare... My last male was at least 6" and on his third or forth breeding attempt before proving fertile.. Hope that helps..