Easy to breed mate, just give them a couple of breeding logs, some veggies, and away they go.

Cheers,

Ezra

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Cheers. Yeah I read they weren't very hard to breed. It's ok to mix the colours up hey? Just for example. A marble and a peppermint. They'll still breed? And I bet some interesting results.

From allboutthebass

Ok. Is there problems that can come along if you hybrid them?

Cause I'm looking at getting a bnose from the tech den. But there marble. So I either find another marble. Or get two of the same gender?

From allboutthebass

Marbles are just a colour morph of a common.

If you hybridise fish in Australia you are contributing to a big problem we have with genetics of species.

We loose species forever as we can't import them anymore

Oh ok. I didn't know that.

Ok I'm glad I know that. As I won't hybridise any fish.

Yeah that's a fair statement and something that I totally agree with. Now that I've thought about it.

So if marble is only a colour morph. Is it still hybridising if you breed a marble and a common?

From allboutthebass

I think the question is will anyone buy your marble cross common. If you want to breed and make $$ you have to do it with fish people want. Marble/common might just give poor quality looking marbles and who would buy them?

I think the question is will anyone buy your marble cross common. If you want to breed and make $$ you have to do it with fish people want. Marble/common might just give poor quality looking marbles and who would buy them?

Oh I did not think of that. I really wasn't too worried about the money, just more along of good homes. But yes. It might give me a poor quality fish.

From allboutthebass

Albino, Marble and longfin are morphs of the common, they will crossbreed though in my opinion DO NOT DO IT

Peppermints will only breed with other peppermints

Orange spots will only breed with other orange spots

This is a 'general rule'

But very easy to breed, cold water change just before a storm

Some breed in perfect water, some breed in mucky, gross water

Just leave them be with a logs and vegies and algae wafers, as well as driftwood they'll go fine