goldenswimmers

Tanks on unlevel surfaces!!

.Hey guys would love to get some tips/ideas for holding tanks on uneven surfaces :help: ...its solid concrete but its solid concrete with a few slopes and angles going on :eek: ...would some furniture wedges under the stands cut it :noidea: and its not my place (unfortunately) so won't be any concrete getting torn up :rant:..any info is good info :drum:!!

Get some thread bar, weld a flat plate onto the bottom and a nut and washer. Insert foot into the leg on a stand and turn the nut to adjust the height.

I had these on a 6 metre long rack and you can adjust it with the tanks on but before they are filled.

Cheers mick

Is the stand/rack already built? I ran into minor dramas with a fishroom many years ago where the floor in the garage varied by about 8cm from one point to the next, and not in a steady slope either. I ended up cutting all of the legs at 2100, building the horizontal sections like a ladder and then used a spirit level to work out the vertical placement. Some of the legs ended up at 2020, some at 2060 and one at the full length of 2100.