omb

Is getting this off possible?

This white scum seems impossible to remove this pic taken after using CLR undiluted and just washed off. Will keep cleaning it with CLR any other solutions that I could try? I have used vinegar and metho already

post-13629-14711632531376_thumb.jpg

A very smart man who builds tanks once told me to use the fine grade (AAA) steel wool which is used for furniture polish, just wet it and scrub.

I cleaned my 6ft using this and it was filthy but had it spotless in 30 minutes, would have taken me days otherwise.

I also like the fact that the steel wool is chemical free and wont scratch your tank, just make sure you get the AAA grade :)

Its readily available at Bunnings, Mitre 10 etc

A very smart man who builds tanks once told me to use the fine grade (AAA) steel wool which is used for furniture polish, just wet it and scrub.

I cleaned my 6ft using this and it was filthy but had it spotless in 30 minutes, would have taken me days otherwise.

I also like the fact that the steel wool is chemical free and wont scratch your tank, just make sure you get the AAA grade :)

Its readily available at Bunnings, Mitre 10 etc

If you can't get it let me know, I restore and sell antiques for a living and I have tonnes of it. It is actually grade 0000 extra fine steel wool.

Liberon 0000 Steel Wool : CARBA-TEC

Pretty much got there with the steel wool it basically polishes anything out just depends

on how long you want to stand there and scrub its a bloody good work out next time

though I might just buy a new tank or a slightly more gritty steel wool lol.