ash

re-stocking suggestions for 8x2x2

.Hey guys and gurls and all those inbetween :beer:

Some of you may remember me, Ive been a bit quiet lately, still lurking around but have been concentrating on other things, breeding kids lol, but I still have my 8ftr going....

Was stocked with africans and still a shedload of bn, but constant aggression has whittled the numbers down over the years and to be honest, Im quite bored of the little feckers and am chasing suggestions of what to restock with....

Current setup is 8x2x2 with four foot sump, twin pump configuration so have ample filtration for anything really.

The gravel is a fine allmost like sand but dark black brown in colour and is ph stable.

Sump is filled with coral rubble, so water conditions are quite hard up around 7.8 - 8.2 and is constantly like this as tapwater is high ph too...

I want to run with what I have re: filter and media setup, so fish selection will need to suit water parameters obviously...

Now, I want big fish.

Was thinking a few big fish that get along together, non aggressive and can get along with a 30+cm featherfin and the resident bn colony, the bn have alot of rockwork to hide in, um yeah thats about it, dont wanna spend mega bucks and happy to buy as juvie an grow em up together.....

Ideas? lets go 8)

Keep it native, seek out some of the larger, more colourful rainbows, heaps of plants, I reckon big planted, native tanks look awesoem

Cheers,

Ezra

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Oooohh yeeaahh!!! Tricoti are friggin awesome, if I had a big tank spare I'd be livin on 60c noodles for a while to buy a colony :)

Nice Lloyd, good taste :)

Ok someone buy em up & breed em for when I've got a big enough tank to have a proper go with them... PLEASE!!!

Nice, I'm waiting til I've got a 7 or 8x2 so I can have a colony with a few males & watch their displays & dance battles over women lol

Some comps, sandsifters & Nigripinnis will make some good smaller companions for the big colony of showboats ;)