topic1996

Suspected ammonia poisoning

I just brought some fish home and I think they have ammonia poisoning, what can I do about this a9fcd6ad1816dbd66f3edc263c8f251c.jpg55c44fd03c1ed4763ad6256233ece8a8.jpg this one lying on the floor was like this when I picked her up, she occasionally swims around races for a breath on top and then goes back down to the bottom, on top of this my tank hadn't finished its fish less cycle so it's 2ppm in ammonia I have added some seachem prime to their water, how much water and how often should I change, they are in a 54Litre tank. Anything else I can do or should know about? Oh and why do the other fish go to the one on the ground and nudge it and they also lean against it slightly to straighten her up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just an update. I've been doing water changes daily and have got Ammonia to 1ppm but not soon enough to avoid nitrite which is at .25 and nitrate is still close to 0 though the coloring was looking a little orangey. My ph is a bit erratic last test it was 6.8 and the test before it was at 7.6, I'm still to do another test today and see what the levels are. Oh and the goldfish decided to lay eggs today...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk