ageofaquariums

WorX Freshwater Planted 6500K Led's have arrived at AOA at Crazy Pricing !!!

.WorX Freshwater Planted 6500K Led's have arrived at AOA that are exceptionally well priced. This is the unit you have been waiting for to replace your tired old Fluro T8 / T5 lighting unit for your aquarium.

Link - Age of Aquariums - WorX Led

Super bright 6500K white LEDs and rich 460nm blue LEDs come together in an amazingly sleek fixture that’s dialed-in for freshwater aquariums. Great for display also over a Cichlid display or non planted aquarium.

24w - 48w depending on size of fixture

Leg mounts included

Low profile ( 2cm high and 8cm wide )

Silver in Colour

12 month replacement warranty

Priced at $89.00 for the 60cm unit up to $129.00 for the 120cm unit. I have posted a few pics of these units over a dry display in store. We will be setting up a new freshwater planted display in store and will post up pictures as it progresses. These units are exceptionally bright and really need to be seen in person to be appreciated. Very sturdy build quality and does not feel cheap and flimsy compared to other units on the market.

post-2383-14711632546477_thumb.jpg

post-2383-14711632546563_thumb.jpg

post-2383-14711632546724_thumb.jpg

post-2383-14711632546895_thumb.jpg

Ben :clap2:

Thank you guys for my light steffi picked up the other day!! Looks brilliant! Great output! I'll let you know how the plants like it! Thanks again! You guys are great!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Playing around with one of these worx LED.

Thought people might be interested to see it compared to a kessil 150WE.

OK so its a 3x18x18 tank, mainly housing lazer cories......... so not your usual planted scape, and still very much so a work in progress.

I usually run just a kessil150we on it, lets me create great shadows for the cories and the wall/hall light ripples just look awesome.

Anyway this is what it looks like with the single kessil 150WE on it.

Thats a bright light btw!

kessil_zps5422c5b4.jpg

And here it is with one of the 3 foot worx LED

you can see how that bit of blue really creates a crisp white effect.

worxlite_zpsfde1b4d4.jpg

And just for science, here it is with a kessil and a worx

worxandkess_zps1e6a19a5.jpg

I think the combo would be more noticable if I didnt have a big chunk of driftwood floating right under the kessil lol

The combo is quite nice tho.

Also likely the only way I will keep the worx LED on this tank.

The thing is, I love the ripple effect from the kessil so much......... I cant give that up.

Mrs likes how clean it makes the tank look though!

Personally more interested in using the worx light on a marine refugium.

Nothing like seeing ya macro-algae pearlin'

Hey guys, I remember seeing somewhere that you had a 180cm version on the way. And is there any idea when those will arrive? Thanks!

The shipment has left china but will most likely get caught up in the xmas wharf chaos.

Fingers crossed before xmas.

I'm a bit new to the LED planted lights, yet to try my nano fluval one.

I'm going to be buying a 4ft from AOA but not sure whether to get this or the green element that's triple the price. Can anyone tell me if these are going well on plants? Or will I be better off forking out the extra cash for the LED with double the wattage?

It will be for anubias, crypts, swords, java fern and moss so fairly low light but in a 2ft deep tank.

Any feedback would be very appreciated

Cheers

I'm a bit new to the LED planted lights, yet to try my nano fluval one.

I'm going to be buying a 4ft from AOA but not sure whether to get this or the green element that's triple the price. Can anyone tell me if these are going well on plants? Or will I be better off forking out the extra cash for the LED with double the wattage?

It will be for anubias, crypts, swords, java fern and moss so fairly low light but in a 2ft deep tank.

Any feedback would be very appreciated

Cheers

Obviously the green element will do a better job... but imho for the plants you are growing the WorX will do a fine job and you will certainly have no issues penetrating 2 feet of depth :)

[MENTION=2383]ageofaquariums[/MENTION] - the first post in this thread mentioned you were setting up a freshwater planted tank with these... just wondering how that's coming along. Looking for a 4ft LED for Christmas in a low-medium light planted 4 X 2 X 2.

Perfect for Africans.

Just read this and yes I'm very behind. What LED would be best for a 6x2x2.5 with painted black background and white sand, seiryu Rock?

running a temp tube light for now

Wanting to keep Frontosas and want them to pop.

post-17659-14711635566569_thumb.jpg