Obeice

What has spawned for you lately?

.Had the best last 2 days in the fish room, after 4 months of patiently waiting the Msobo spawned yesterday morning and then this morning the WC Ikola colony spawned twice for us we now have 2 mouthfuls in there which I was pretty amazed with.

post-11967-14711632582852_thumb.jpg

post-11967-14711632582337_thumb.jpg

post-11967-14711632582563_thumb.jpg

post-11967-14711632582707_thumb.jpg

I had my Xeno Flavipinnis Kekese spawn. Let them hold full term and spit naturally as wanted to experience the biparental aspect and see both parents holding and raising their fry. It was awesome to say the least :)

Trusty old Electric Yellows still spawning, And finally 5 of my 10 Acei are Female so have finally got a couple of Acei fry

Haha finally mick, when's the celebration party? Lol, the trusty old yellows never stop, every water change they spawn for me.

I had my Xeno Flavipinnis Kekese spawn. Let them hold full term and spit naturally as wanted to experience the biparental aspect and see both parents holding and raising their fry. It was awesome to say the least :)

That is awesome, i've watch them do it in a community tank butttt never got to the raising of the fry part lol, the other ba$tard$ mowed them down.

lol I have my pair in a 3.5 ft by themselves as always wanted to experience it and didn't want the fry to be eaten.

It took about 4 goes before she held so I think to see it actually happen after all my waiting made it even more special.

Now I'm on the hunt for other variants so I can do the same with them but they are not easy to find :(

[MENTION=1890]presto[/MENTION] I just had 6 females spit... it's crazy to see a big swarm of fry swimming around! think there is 30-40 fry there, 5 or so albinos :esmile:

But yes breeding hmm, nigripinnis started breeding again (new colony), melanogenys and melanostigma I stopped stripping as there's too many females holding and I don't need the fry lol

Got some ventralis kalubamba fry recently too

Lepto utinta just spat 5 fry and lepto livua spat out 3 fry

Ventralis mpimbwe, kilesa, micro kiriza black, ochrogenys ndole bay and ventralis chituta all holding

Haha finally mick, when's the celebration party? Lol, the trusty old yellows never stop, every water change they spawn for me.

Yeh Mate surprised you didn't hear me from your place LOL still early but at least I have Females after all this time will be still keen to get some Females of you to mix in whenever cheers

Sounds like the tangs are going off :)

haha I made my display tank a malawi tank... and the malawis are going off too!

Flame backs and e yellows holding too

I have close to 200 Tropheus Ikola fry raging from 1-6cm at the moment! My colony is still pumping out mouthful after mouthful. I'm running out of room for them. Had another unsuccessful Tanganicodus mouthful, got up to day 5 or 6 then gone. They always get to around this time but no success in the change over period. Plus I Got a female Petrochromis Trewavasae up to day 6 now so that looks like a fertilised thumbs up!

Yeh Mate surprised you didn't hear me from your place LOL still early but at least I have Females after all this time will be still keen to get some Females of you to mix in whenever cheers

Hahaha i think i did hear you... I have about 120 on grow out atm with another 4 mouthfuls to milk buttt there slow growers the usual 10 weeks i have my other variants down to is going to be blown out of the water, 5 weeks where just hitting 1cm usually at the 5-6 week mark there at 3cm and ready for the ibc and 1mm NLS pallet but not these guys lol... Oh i had the wprst thing happen the other day i had a demasoni sub dom male getting bashed and had no tank space and thought oh i'll throw him in with the acei for a couple weeks until i sell him, thinking acei wouldn't breed with him because they look totally different etc, NEK MINIT we stripped 3 mouthfuls of demasoni X yellow tail acei the otherday hahaha!! My kingsizei got a good feed, i've kept 5 to grow up see what they look like then they will become bass food...

Hi All. I am still waiting for my electric yellows to go again after she swallowed the first batch (It has been a while) and waiting for my demasoni to grow a bit more to start but i have been having some luck with my bristlenose. First batch at the start of october yelded 130 (now in a grow out tank) and the 2 males are both fanning a new batch each now.

Hi All. I am still waiting for my electric yellows to go again after she swallowed the first batch (It has been a while) and waiting for my demasoni to grow a bit more to start but i have been having some luck with my bristlenose. First batch at the start of october yelded 130 (now in a grow out tank) and the 2 males are both fanning a new batch each now.

Try feeding them some Brine Shrimp then do a big water change always works for me

Try feeding them some Brine Shrimp then do a big water change always works for me

I have fed Blood worms and done a water change with no luck. She not very old and it was her first time. Is there much of a diferance between blood worms and brine shrimp.

The wife milked the Msobo this morning got 28 in the tumbler now. Sadly the fronnies didn't hold, probably because I have them near the entry door to the garage and there still A little skittish around us.