rexilla99

Silver Arowana with Mouth rot? (HELP)

.Hi All,

I own a 60cm silver arowana which has recently been a bit sick. After treating it from a skin bacteria on its body it recovered back to normal about 2 weeks ago.

Recently, in the past week I now have a new issue of skin around its lips getting eaten away and also cloudy eyes with unusual red bruising. I am not sure what it is, but have been advised its most likely bacteria. For now I have just added a dose of antibiotics tablets to the water to stop it from losing more skin as this should hopefully kill the bacteria. Does any member have any idea what is causing the infection?

Tank - 8ft

PH - 7

Temperature 30 degrees

Nitrate, Nitrite and Ammonia normal or low.

post-14544-14711632620962_thumb.jpg

You sure the tissue around the mouth is being eaten away and not damaged caused by knocking its mouth on the lids? Mine have on occasion done some pretty bad damage just by over enthusiastic feeding or from those random jumps in the night. Is it feeding from the ground or is it feeding from the surface? Cloudy eye in aros can sometimes be due to scrapping their eye on the ground as they turn their head sideways to pick food up which can cause infections.

For the past 2-3 weeks its lost its appetite to eat. Every since it had the skin bacteria it doesn't want to eat when i put in some pellets. I thought that it could be knocking its self on the lid but then it would have scratches around the top of its mouth too (but none can be seen).

As for the cloudy eyes I dont know how to get rid of it. All the water parameters is good but it must be something int he water that I can't test that is affecting its eye.