RichardCichlid

Submersible or external and inline? Quietest??

I primarily use in-line pumps, and never find them all that quiet. Have used quite a few and all can be heard from outside my filtration room. My current pump, Aquael PFN 15000, seems to go from can hear it easily, to sometimes I come home from work and cant hear a thing from it. It is super powerful though....

I do have a couple of small submersible sump pumps (ocean runner 2500 and serenity 3000) they can get quite noisy as well from time to time.

It may come down to specific pump model as opposed to in-line vs submersible but I am far from an expert.....

I had a waveline dc10000 pump that was very quiet when using inline. But stay away from them....nothing but issues. unless they have improved a HEAP!

Yeah quite interesting, the Aquael will be pretty silent one moment then the next day it is noticeable. Also happens to my underwater pumps, but a bit more consistently quiet.

Also I hear a lot of guys go on about the laguna pumps saying they are very quiet. I would of got one but like pumps with a controller.

I was using a grundfos inline 10,000lph it was unreal powerful, quiet when I say quiet I mean can't even here a hum butttt the downside chews far too much power. I now run Jabeo submersible pumps off ebay cheap, power efficient and once again quiet, I have an 8,000lph in my house and can't here a thing out of it. But I have the older model version in 1 of my sumps and it gets a whine occasionally but all the newer model 1's are awesome...