Lictoga

Low light plant recommendation

.Hey guys and girls

just starting to delve a little into plants and was wondering what plant would live under standard lighting and no co2.

I alredy have Anubis, Java ferns, swords, and banana Lilly's,

Just looking for other plants suggestions.

Why not something like this, a real lazy mans tank and not much trimming required, Lol.

Various vallisneria, variegated lime rush, different types of Java, Anubias and my favourite Cryptocoryne wendtii.

DSC00378.jpg

Why not something like this, a real lazy mans tank and not much trimming required, Lol.

Various vallisneria, variegated lime rush, different types of Java, Anubias and my favourite Cryptocoryne wendtii.

DSC00378.jpg

HeintzG. Good day sir... ehat do you call the plants on the left side... the one that looks like spring onions? Can I use that with my african tank and FH tank? Im really desperate.. coz ill be gone for 6weeks... I need something to eat away my nitrates/nitrites while im gone. My tank will just be on autofeeder for 6weeks without water changes. Thank you very much

Donn

HeintzG. Good day sir... ehat do you call the plants on the left side... the one that looks like spring onions? Can I use that with my african tank and FH tank? Im really desperate.. coz ill be gone for 6weeks... I need something to eat away my nitrates/nitrites while im gone. My tank will just be on autofeeder for 6weeks without water changes. Thank you very much

Donn

Flower horns don't do plants, but a floating plant may work for you, like duck weed. And also cut back the food while you are away will give you a better chance

Personally I would be looking at getting a couple of canister filters and filling them with Purigen or my favourite Macropore. Plants won't do any good in an African or your FH tank, do a large water change clean the filters and set the auto feeder to once every couple of days, the fish won't starve, 6 weeks is a long time that's all I got.

Edited by Heintz.G

https://www.aquariumproducts.com.au/catalogue_products.php?prodID=7199&catID=83

I have another easy way, get the top filter above or a smallest version, dont need fast turn over of water. And put some mints or any plants you can grab from garden or bunning on there ;)

6wks are piece of cake for nitrate but water losing may be an issue so you need to enlongate filter inputs deeper