RichardCichlid

Help with Shipping from Sydney

Hi all,

I am set on acquiring some fish from a seller in Sydney, however as he has never sent fish interstate before he would like someone else to send the fish interstate to me. He said he can package the fish, which entails double bags with oxygen in a foam box.

So my questions are:

What else do I need to consider when organising the shipment of these fish?

Who is a reliable person or shop that could do this for me?

Best company or method to go by?

All input is greatly appreciated as this truly means a lot to me and I'm desperate to get it right.

Cheers,

Richard.

what was the reason for everyone not using fastway?

cant u just pay for express and not tell them its fish?

1. You need an account which is a prepaid set amount for a booklet of tickets.

2. There is no "express" service.

3. No need to hide the fact that you are shipping live fish. Just make certain you clearly mark it on the box or live with the consequences.

I use Fastway for deliveries up and down the east coast but I would never rely on them to deliver on time. I recommend using breather bags because sometimes they can be a bit tardy.

3. No need to hide the fact that you are shipping live fish. Just make certain you clearly mark it on the box or live with the consequences.

I use Fastway for deliveries up and down the east coast but I would never rely on them to deliver on time. I recommend using breather bags because sometimes they can be a bit tardy.

reason i said not to mention fish in parcel is ive heard from others here that fastway is no longer doing livestock?

reason i said not to mention fish in parcel is ive heard from others here that fastway is no longer doing livestock?

Interesting. That's the first I've heard of it.

I have labels all over my boxes clearly disclosing the contents and I have never been questioned or had any deliveries fail.

post-5428-14711632643893_thumb.jpg

Maybe certain Fastway drivers are just plain nasty and don't want the responsibility.

Interesting. That's the first I've heard of it.

I have labels all over my boxes clearly disclosing the contents and I have never been questioned or had any deliveries fail.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]57863[/ATTACH]

Maybe certain Fastway drivers are just plain nasty and don't want the responsibility.

Makes sense

I only live 5min drive from the Sydney depo I can't always by past that

Can I ask where can I find the template for your live fish label?

I recently shipped a WC colony of Ikola frontosa up to Brisbane from Newcastle via road freight overnight with fast ways and they did a terrific job, best way I found was to deal with them direct in Newcastle they really were spot on, I organised the latest possible time to drop them off and they arrived next morning in Brisbane they were picked up by 8:30am... Something that will be best to do is find a shop prepared to package them for him and make sure he purges them for 48hrs, don't feed for 48hrs, 12hrs before packaging suck all the crap out of the tank there in and do 50% water change then again before bagging. I'm only new to shipping this is the info that has been passed onto me I have left a few details out like oxygen double bagging and stress guard because a shop can do that for him. I'm sure others on here will add to this, but this will increase survival. The only reason I went fast ways was because I had to send 3 large boxes and air freight was $180 a box and road freight was $60 a box. Hope this helps mate.

Thanks James

I found it easier and quicker to book depo to depo that way you can pick up 1st thing I

N the morning, in saying that I had some shipped to my door from cairns by fast ways they arrived 48hrs later at 9:30am as they were supposed to but this doesn't mean they will every time!

My mate works for fastway

There is 2 runs per day for local franchisees

The morning they load and leave depot about 7am, delivery and pick up anything

Then they go back about 11-noon unload pick ups sort them at the depot for destination then load up for another run

If ur getting a parcel picked up at 8am it's most likely be going on the rest of the run before head to depot I doubt very much they would just pick ur item up ad return to depot

My mate says he never wait for a signiture whic ur supose to do but due to time constraints he says pretty much noone does it

And in case of a lost parcel claim both ends of franchisees who has handled the parcel spilt the cost 50/50 , so the franchisee who picked up your parcel and the franchisee who supose to have delivered it fastway the parent company does have share any loss

That's a bit looney to me when he told me

Just hope DHL don't handle them did anyone see them on the news the other day throwing peoples parcels around like a football. Have heard good reports about Fastway but

Can I ask where can I find the template for your live fish label?

I make my own labels and that is one of them. If you, or anyone else wants one, let me know and I'll whip it up and send it to you.

I have also created others for the sides also displaying "THIS WAY UP" etc.