kbrookes

Replacement hose for bio pro canister?

I've just purchased an 1800lph bio pro canister from Aquaholics (great price, crazy fast delivery) but the hose isn't quite long enough, at least on one side, as I'd like to sit it off to one side of the tank.

Is it possible to buy a replacement from Bunnings? If so, what size and spec should I be looking for? Would it matter if one side's hose was longer than the other?

just go to your local petstore (petbarn) and bring your old hose to check size. they normally carry aquaone and eheim hoses (a bit expensive though). for a meter you'll be spending $5-$10. its available also on our forum sponsors so you can get them online.

I have those no-kink hoses from bunnings (using for water changes) but they are not flexible. they also have the clear ones but too soft and clogs easily.

as to hoses not being the same lengths - i have no issue on it on my filters. I have a filter staying on the leftside of the tank but the intake is coming from the far-end rightside. pressure is still good.

as to hoses not being the same lengths - i have no issue on it on my filters. I have a filter staying on the leftside of the tank but the intake is coming from the far-end rightside. pressure is still good.

Same I have external on one side with pipes going to far side and haven't noticed anything, but tbh never thought about it when I set it up

Thanks for the advice all, Tech Den, I'll almost certainly grab a nicer hose of you at some point. I had limited time today and neither my LFS or pet barn had 16mn hose available.

Bunning however has a cheap clear 16mm hose that is not reinforced- so very flexible, squashable and outflow only and I'll change it later.

Now I just need to upgrade the media.