.Hello my name is Joanna We live in Sydney with my husband.

My husband started almost a year ago to set his new 4Ft aquarium. He was new and didnt know much, but he is doing really well

.He Has 1 Green Terror, 3 Clown loaches 1 Red tip shark and 1 Bristlenose.. He wants a freshwater fire eel and I m trying t find one for him but I cant find anywhere.

Apparently yesterday I called one shop in Hurstville and they told me that it is illegal to have fire eels even though he had it o his web page...

Anyway I am just trying to find one for him because we are moving places and he is going to buy a 6Ft Tank.

If you can Please help me....

Thank you

forgot to say. they are not illegal. you just need cash and grab the opportunity if one shows up. people are just after cash, don't care what you'll use the fish for or where the fish comes from. it's all about money... if you have cash - you rule the world or can bend rules if not in your favour.

Wish i saw that woulda grabbed one in an instant... What size were they?

They were 8-12cm -- just looked very similar to a leech @ that size but strangely so ugly they were actually cool looking ; )

$600 each was selling price, and that was the seller still making his money ontop of his actual buy price so not to bad considering the price of some exotics floating around - depends who ya know.

They were 8-12cm -- just looked very similar to a leech @ that size but strangely so ugly they were actually cool looking ; )

$600 each was selling price, and that was the seller still making his money ontop of his actual buy price so not to bad considering the price of some exotics floating around - depends who ya know.

Yes not bad at all, although upsetting that fire eels have to be considered exotic over here haha

See guys that's what I am talking about, people just abuse the fact they have fire eels! I wont give more than $300 for 8-12 cm this is ridiculous. And that's exactly what I am looking for. The reason I say its illegal its because I called an aquarium in Sydney to express my interest because it was appearing on their website.. and as soon as I said I am interested the told me its illegal. Its not all about money! and in US they sell them 20 times less the price they ask here. Since it is a hobby and you enjoy doing it, why ask so much? So that's what I am looking for and if anyone knows someone that does sell them lease let me know..

See guys that's what I am talking about, people just abuse the fact they have fire eels! I wont give more than $300 for 8-12 cm this is ridiculous. And that's exactly what I am looking for. The reason I say its illegal its because I called an aquarium in Sydney to express my interest because it was appearing on their website.. and as soon as I said I am interested the told me its illegal. Its not all about money! and in US they sell them 20 times less the price they ask here. Since it is a hobby and you enjoy doing it, why ask so much? So that's what I am looking for and if anyone knows someone that does sell them lease let me know..

Why do you want eels anyway?

You are in NSW.

If I was in NSW I would get Koi.

That would be awesome.

Then I would post pictures of them up here, just to troll the QLD'ers!

30684019.jpg

lol eels