Velvet is a fine dusting with a gold tinge. WS is a larger dot. Usually first seen (easily) on fins first and usually isn't badly covered on sides(unless its severe) of the fish. Look up a pic on the net.

Ur water temps prob 24° or lower isn't it.... raise the temp to 31 for a couple of days and treat, just be careful of which tment you use... the temp will help kill the WS and also speeds up the life cycle of WS so it gets hit with the med a few more times

Edited by thatsright99
piece of sh@t huawei phone...

No you don't need to remove 50% you usually will have nitrate in your fish tank it means your tank is cycled , and you only need to keep doing regular water change to brings the nitrates down , you fish food and pop starts off decomposing and becomes ammonia, before you know it ammonia has turned itself to nitrites which is still toxic !! , plants consume ammonia and so does water change and using prime condition, once your tank has gained nitrites they develop into nitrates which are less toxic for fish.. Then you just test your nitrate accordingly and keep on the water changes 50-80ppm is quite high probably do 30% water change and check your waters ph , with white spot you want to kill it so once you do a water change , turn the temp right up add some non iodised sea salt dissolved into your tanking or pool salt , and then watch your fish and levels for next couple of days if you change water give them a little bit more salt and try get some white spot cure and make sure you ask LFS to tell you how to dose and listen carefully

You don't need salt from your local fish shop they will charge you an arm and leg mate , you can use naturally evaporated sea salt from woolworths or Coles or pretty much anywhere , find out volume of your tank so width x length x height and look up a volume calculator on google, then once you find out your volume of water (xxxLt's) then add about 1/2 a cup of salt to every 10 gal (38L) and keep this up for about 2 weeks only adding salt after a water change

If you are only treating a fish its easier to buy one little thing of treatment, but if you have fish that fight or fish that feed aggressive and knick themselves a bit it will help for healing , also you if you have brackish fish... You can buy 30kg bags of pool salt for like $18. that will last a while !

Sweet went to shop today bought salt and mela fix guy there said they have a type of worm cause its not visible and not constant so I've dosed it up and I'll. See what happens in the next few weeks thanks everyone for your help I was totally freaking out but now feel alot more relaxed I know I have help from my fish community out there thanks heaps people who contributed ☺

Hey that was me :D

Sounds like its a combo of yank cichlids brawling, nitrates being a bit high and water changes altering the water GH a bit.

Water changes + salt + melafix, usually fixes it all up.

If not we enter conspiracy territory........

The worms are a type of fluke, and while not the most common cause of flashing are not that uncommon.

Still, always best to try fix the most probable causes first, especially when these fixes are also usually the cheapest!

If all else fails, we goto war on worms lol

Have to love melafix + salt in yank displays though.

Best way to ensure damage from the odd scrap heals up nice and fast.

Thanks so much dude I'll see how it all goes the fish are swimming around alot better atm Ahhhhhh I know u lol I've been in there a bit I tell everyone I know to go there you guys know your stuff and pretty good on pricing as well. I'm. Still yet to be invited to the fish room lol cheers for your help donny ☺we will see how it goes

You only add more salt for water that you remove, as salt doesnt come out of the water.

So if you take out 60 litres, you would add back in 3 tablespoons after you top back up that 60L.

Melafix you can add daily if you like, up to a maximum of 7 days in a row.

I tend to dose a fair bit lighter than that tho.

3 days in a row tends to do the job, even with fish that have pretty solid injuries.