Sign in to follow this  
th3f0rg0t3n

Saratoga LEI with cloudy eye

.Hey guy's, have my saratoga currently with a bit of cloudy eye,

This has only happened since he decided to have a moment and jump through my lids a couple weeks back,

I just tried to leave it and let it heal alone but didn't seem to work,

Lastnight added 40 tablespoons of salt / 4 caps pond strength melafix

Any other idea's on how to deal with this ? Anything other than jumping through my lids could be causing this ?

Toga is relatively small and only 2ft long so would think young and healthy enough to come back from this with a little treatment.

Yeah quite odd as this toga has never been ill before, well actually never even been jumpy before his leap of faith through my lids during a routine maintenance !!

Water test results show ph - 6.8-7.0

ammonia - 0

nitrite - 0

nitrate - about 50ppm -- but i already know this tank is due for filters to be cleaned / gravel siphoning over the weekend to sort this.

After adding salt / melafix over the night the eyes look 80% better but i don't wanna over do the salt treatment or rush into doing a water change just yet as the salt is obviously healing his eyes well

I'd do a water change mate, get that nitrate down to a safer level. Then monitor his eye over the next week, if no improvement then dose the tank again.

Yeah will do atleast 50% water change tomorrow, want to see if anymore improvement over the night with the cloudy eyes!

re dose for volume of salt i will lose, clean filtration & gravel so pretty much routine over-haul.

Healed the eyes successfully with a ton of salt + 1 day of pond strength melafix, followed by filtration clean / massive water change (to reduce nitrate)

Crazy that he just gets cloudy eye out of no where, especially after just taking the leap of faith through my lids not long ago!

I'm not going to say the eye is 100% but it is certainly 80%+ better than the day i made this post!!

Sign in to follow this