jc12

Macropore Gold and White for CRS/CBS/Taiwan Bees?

.I have found a lot of information in relation to macropore for fishes but not much info on its effect on shrimps so thought some one here could help me out. My questions are specifically for CRS/CBS/Taiwan Bees.

1. Has anyone use macropore gold successfully to lower the PH? Does it have any effect, adversely or positively, on GH/KH/TDS?

2. Can macropore gold and white be used together? Gold for soft water and white for removal of nitrogenous wastes?

3. Will either macropore gold or white remove beneficial 'elements' of IAL/blackwater extract? I hope to remove the 'tea colour' but retain the beneficial 'elements' in the water.

Appreciate any advice.

Thanks heaps!

Gold will reduce the Gh and exchanges Calcium with Sodium - the amount of Sodium used in the exchange process is very minimum. Used it with L'Numbers which are a softwater fish and did reduce the Ph a little bit.

Both can be used together and yes gold for soft and white for water polishing removal of nitrogenous waste.

I have not been able to do organic tests to see if there was an effect if any and if there was a concern you would also have the option of using Catappa-X which is a IAL extract that does not stain the water but you still get the benefits of IAL.

https://www.thetechden.com.au/SearchResults.asp?Search=catap

My concern with Gold is that it exchanges calcium for sodium. I'm a newbie at shrimp keeping but I thought we need calcium for successful shrimp moulting so my interpretation is that Gold actually reduces the amount of calcium in the water which potentially could be detrimental to shrimp moulting???

I prefer IAL to Catappa-X as the microfilm build up would be beneficial for shrimps to graze on. Also serves as a food source as it breaks down in water. I do have Catappa-X and uses it in another tank.

So are you saying that macropore will not remove the 'benefits' of Catappa-X?